Chapter 22

Time to buckle up your seat belts. It's 'bout to be one hell of a roller coaster.

*****

*hisssss*

Another delicious sound of the grill going. This round it's for the mushrooms and corn.

I could see the heat of the grill from here. Travelling up in waves, leaving sweat in its wake.

The food is going to be so worth it even with all that heat, not that I need to complain, I'm not even the one doing all the hard work grilling it.

Speaking of the heat, someone is getting really hot here. Pfft. Tom is sweating so much. Eww.

When is he going to take off his shirt? Not that the boys normally do but they usually do in this situation. Still watching them suffer from the heat is nice since after this it's clean-up time for us girls.

To keep it fair. This is one of our many routines we do all the time when we hang out, the boys do the cooking, the girls do the dishes or vice versa. So everybody gets to lay back and relax.

Oop, he just took off his shirt. Eyyy. Now I get to, I mean, we get to look at his hot body. Hmm, makes the food I'm eating even more appetizing.

Tom suddenly looks up from the grill, directly at me. Our eyes met and he smirks mischievously. He then proceeds to slowly touch the waistband of his shorts, pulling and letting it snap back to his hips.

Oh, two can play at this game.

I walked over to "help" him with the food. I've already finished another can of beer and as I walked over I could feel myself swaying more than usual. I feel like I'm floating. Hmm, the delicious effects of alcohol.

Standing next to Tom, he doesn't acknowledge me as he kept his watchful eyes on the grill. Turning it this way and that to check.

"Need any help?" I asked, practically drooling at the sight in front of me. All the juices from the butter and corn dripping so temptingly.

"Depends." Was his vague reply. Not before I felt his free arm take one of my hands and slowly traced it. His touch is almost sensual. The alcohol is affecting me that much already?

No bother, I'll just grab this opportunity to be free of all inhibitions then.

Eventually, I started tracing his back. All the way up to his elbows then his shoulder. I'm careful not to touch him too much because he's really sweating. Eww. He'll have to take a nice cool bath later. With shampoo in his hair and soap all over his body.

Damn, I have to stop thinking about that first. He's still right here. Allllll mine. I giggled.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

Huh? I actually giggled out loud?

"Nothing. Just some funny thoughts." I said smirking internally. He doesn't need to know.

"So how long till we can eat?" I ask him while I came closer to him almost pressing myself to his side now. I let my hair brush his arm and hugged his arm to me.

Hmm, surely his arm is feeling the softness of my front? How is he still not responding?

Suddenly, I felt his hand move and grab on to my thigh. His hand feels scorching against my cool skin.

"Hmm, your skin here is so cold. Let's see if this area is too," he says with a deep tone. Then lowering his voice, he continues saying, "I like seeing you do what I say. These shorts look good on you." As his hands travelled up to my hips then down to my clothed behind, into my denim shorts back pocket. Where he squeezes my flesh a little.

I inadvertently pulled his arm tighter towards me until I'm positive that my boobs are squishing themselves against his arm. I felt his arm muscles tense as he stilled himself for a second before untangling himself away from me.

"Hey...ehem...hey, can you pass me the plates? The food's ready," he says clearing his throat at first to get rid of the hoarseness in his voice. The evident promise of a danger that is yet to come disappearing with it.

"Ok," I said curtly before turning to Megs and Josh. Not wanting to rouse the beast too much.

OMG! They are sitting closer than before, feeding each other chicken. I smiled at them before shouting.

"THE FOOD IS READY TO BE SERVED. Gimme yer plates." and watched as they sprang apart with saucer-sized eyes. This should be good to tease Megs about later.

Tom chuckles beside me at their reaction, having seen everything from the looks of their faces.

"Oh and later you don't have to come and help me anymore. I can handle this by myself," he says and pats my head gently before I went for the plates. Then leaning in to my ear, he says, "I don't want to get you dirty just yet."

"O okay," I said blushing like crazy. I got the double meaning in his words loud and clear.

***

The rest of the meal went on smoothly with us all busy stuffing our faces with food. All of us had at least 3 cans of beer in our systems. So we were all a little bit tipsy. Don't worry we didn't drink our livers out but they are all definitely sleeping over at Tom's tonight. Except for me since I live here too.

So after cleaning everything up, I told them, "aight, guys Imma head home now. Sllleep tight yaaa'll!"

"Aww, Char! Come over to Tom's place too, so we can all have a sleepover!" Megs says a little drunk.

"Naw, my bed is more comfortable." I declined again.

"Come on. You can just sleep next to Megs!" Josh says not backing down. Since the one and only guest bedroom has been occupied by Megs and Josh is sleeping with Tom.

"Yeah! You don't even have to sleep on the couch! Come over!" Tom adds.

"Whatdya say? Just one night! It's been so long since we hung out like this." Megs pleaded.

Looking at all of their goofy puppy dog eyes, I gave in. It's not like my parents are worried that I won't be home. They already knew from the fact that bbq parties are actually just a huge sleepover party.

*****

I wonder what happens next?