Chapter 23

A whole new worrrld
A NEW fantastic point of view
No one to tell us, "NOO!!!"
Or where to goOO
Or say we're only dreamin'
A WHOLE NEWWW WOERLLLD!!!!

"Yo, Josh keep it down! Or we're gonna get a noise complaint!" Tom whisper yells at Josh. Josh is not that drunk but he likes to act like this sometimes. It's just funny. 

Don't worry. We know what to do when it gets too much. Just threaten to tell Megs all of his embarrassing moments. Or the rest of his embarrassing moments since Megs has been around to see most of it by herself. 

This just goes to show how much he cares about his image in Megs' eyes. Aww, just date already! 

"Ok, here. Megs, you hold on to him. Just make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Tom finally gave up trying, handing the noisemaker to Megs instead. 

And surprise, surprise, Josh INSTANTLY shuts the hell up. I cannot with this guy. *sigh* 

"Hey, Char. Feeling lonely?" Tom is suddenly whispering next to my ear. I could feel his warm breath on my neck.

Goosebumps spread all over my skin as I flinched and turned away from him. "Don't, they're watching." 

"So? It's not like they're paying attention," he says. I glance over to the left side of the lift and sure enough, they leaning really close to each other. 

"Yo, get a room!" I say to them and Tom wolf-whistles. 

They didn't even reply as they were all blushing like tomatoes. Looking everywhere but at each other. 

They didn't even move apart. In fact, I think they just held tighter onto each other. 

"Oh, here's our floor. Char, you just come in later. I'll leave the door open for you." Tom says before getting off with Josh and Megs. 

"Aight, later!"

"And you better come back to us later or I'm gonna come over and kick yo ass!" That was from Megs, suddenly back to life. I just chuckled in response.

***

20 minutes later, I'm done. My parents are watching some horror movie in the living room. Ooo, The Conjuring. Scaaaary. 

I walk over to the sofas, intending to tell them that I'm off when they jumped. "Oh, my heart! Dear, don't sneak up on us in the dark. Almost gave me a heart attack." mom says and dad just laughs, amused.

"I wasn't sneaking! I just wanted to tell you that I'm off to Tom's place. See you in the morning or afternoon." 

"Ok, have fun! Text me when you're about to sleep." "Goodnight!"

My parents all bid me adieu rather unceremoniously. They aren't even worried about me going to a guy's house at this hour to sleep. Since this was all so commonplace to them already.

I took the lift 2 floors down and knocked on the door. 

"Tom?" I called out but all I heard was giggles that sounded muffled and water running.

Nobody was in sight so I assumed that they were all in their rooms.

I locked the door with the keys and went to Tom's room to look for him. Judging by the pile of clothes next to his bathroom door, he's in the shower. 

Well, I guess I'll wait for him then. *sigh* Looking at his bed in the middle of the room, I'm suddenly so tired. *yawn* 

I'll just sit and wait for him then. I propped up his pillows and sat leaning against it. 

Not long after I must've drifted to sleep because the next thing I know, I'm enveloped in a masculine scent. Like soap and clean clothes. What's this? And this pillow is so soft. I feel so comfortable.

I turned to it and placed my head on top of it. Nuzzling my face in it.   

Wait the pillow is moving? I opened one eye groggily and met a wall of chest muscle wrapped up in a white shirt. "Mmm," I snuggled closer then I realised that this thing is a person. I sprang up from it in surprise. Holy shiet. I'm sleeping on a guy!

Then I see who it is and oh now I know why I'm here. "Tom? Why didn't you wake me?" 

Tom is dressed in a white tee and a pair of boxer shorts. It was pretty dark since he'd only turned on one lamp on his nightstand. He lies awake next to me in a relaxed manner. Then my eyes adjusted to the surroundings and I could see Tom just staring at me. 

I can't tell what he's thinking of right now. He just motions for me to lie back down. "Come here. I wanna hold you." 

I blushed a little, confused at this. He's a friend, we shouldn't hold each other like that. This is so embarrassing!

"Um, what about the others? Aren't they gonna want to play a game? Or something?" I ask hesitantly. 

He smiles, "trust me when I say they don't want to be disturbed right now." 

"And isn't Josh gonna sleep here later?" 

"No, he's just going to sleep with Megan and don't worry. He won't try anything too drastic with her, he gave me his word before I could ask any more questions." He smirks a little as he says this.

"So now I'm supposed to sleep here? With you? Uh, I could just sleep on the couch, you know?"

"Naw, why should you when you can just sleep here?"

"Um, because we can't?"

"Why not?"

"Don't play with me, Tom. You know why!"

Now he just smirks as he asks, "why?" His dark eyes met mine,  

Does he seriously want me to spell it out for him? "Bb...because we're just friends! And we shouldn't do this!"

He sat up and came closer as he says, "really? Just friends? Josh and Megs are too." 

Touché.

He takes my hands in his larger ones, brushing over them softly. "Don't you want to be more than just friends?"

"Char, I care for you more than that. I want to stop pretending to be just friends with you."

"Ttom? What?"  

What is this? 

*****

DUN DUN DUNNNN. The time has come.