intro

now playing — eyes on you
[ update :: there are more better quality books than this one, this one is just plain cringe and you are wasting your eye cells on this pls ]

growing up, donghyuck was raised in a protective family.

that pretty much explains why he is an unmarked 20 year old omega, in a world full of hungry beasts. ever since he was younger, his parents never really let him go out and experience his life like a normal kid. he was always at home, always looking out of his bedroom window and wishing that one day he could okay with those kids. but unfortunately, that day never came. he waited and waited everyday, but his parents had never really had the guts to let him leave.

because in this world full of things, most were out for omegas. and it just so happens that donghyuck is one of the kind they're looking for. now that he was a grown adult, twenty at that, he decided to move out and live on his own. of course it took a lot of convincing to let his parents finally agree.

of course, his parents nagged all about the alphas and how much they wanted to feast on omegas, but donghyuck still had a piece of him that wanted to experience that danger. it sounded so fun, so memorable.

scent blockers became his bestfriend.

his parents always reminded him to take them, since his scent was naturally sweet that attracted most alphas. he had a natural cotten candy smell to him that made wolves hungry for him. for some specific reason, he wants to feel the pain when his mate feasts on him. he had never really voiced out his thoughts since his parents were against it, but he had always wondered how good it would feel like if he was being feasted on.

shaking his thoughts off, he decided to distract himself by unpacking and going through some college notes before his school starts. he was lucky that he didn't move in the middle of the school year [ which his parents wanted him to ] since then people would've already made their groups of friends which he could not fit into. he stood his ground by moving at the start of the year when everyone was new, just so it was easier to make friends.

he looks out of the window, seeing the beautiful night sky shining. a small leaf falls down on his window, making his mind go back to when he was younger.

he was a little kid, looking out to see other kids playing. resting his small head onto his hands, he watched as children ran around and laughed. he wants to be one of those.

he raised an eyebrow when a specific male walked towards his window, waving a hello. taken aback, he shyly waved back, his cheeks blowing up. even though his parents told him never talked to strangers, this boy seemed so interesting.

the boy signalled for the little donghyuck to open his window, so he did, lofting it up so that he could see the boy in real life. he smelt... delicious. the strong smell of roses filled his nostrils, making him instantly relax.

"my name is mark!" the boy says, giggling when donghyuck flinched from his loud voice.

the little alpha saw how donghyuck was sulking and watching other kids play, he felt bad for the omega. reaching into his pocket, he takes out a special heart shaped leaf he found. he wanted to keep it, but figured this male needed it more than he did.

"look! heart!"

mark could've sworn he felt small butterflies flying around his small tummy when the tanned male giggled. even his small giggles were angelic. placing the leaf onto the window, mark waved a goodbye, turning away to leave.

the tanned male watched as the alpha left, his scent still lingering in donghyuck's mind.

roses.

now that he was twenty, he wanted to laugh at how naive he was. opening a window for an alpha could've seriously gotten him into deep trouble.

resting his head in his palms, he adores the outside view, totally forgetting about his work that he had to do for college. his week was packed with things, moving in, settling in, getting work done, and going into college.

at least he wouldn't be alone.

with a small sigh, he takes his phone and dials a number he knew he could always call.

"taeyong!"

"what's up kiddo? why the sudden call?"

donghyuck sighs, "i already miss my hometown."

"aren't you unpacking?" he could hear taeyong giggle on the other side of the phone.

"yeah, but i gave up halfway."

"remember to take your scent blockers as well. SM has lots of hungry alphas." taeyong reminded, making donghyuck nod. he almsot forgot he was on a phone call, laughing at himself for nodding.

"yeah, sure. by the way, do you know anyone around?"

"no— well all i know are dangerous strong alphas. they're pretty well known for your school. i've searched up on the school and there will be some omegas attending. but, there's more betas than omegas."

donghyuck lets out a small 'oh' at the information, looking down at his notes.

"well, i'll call you again soon. bye taeyong!"

"by—"

before taeyong could even finish, donghyuck ended the call and giggled at it.

he looks at his bed, deciding it would be best to go to sleep.

because tomorrow was going to be a long ass day.

© DONGVCS
2020