18

"it's burning! it's burning!" the mother rushed towards the barbecue while she pushed her useless son away, not forgetting to glare at him

"it's burning! it's burning!" the mother rushed towards the barbecue while she pushed her useless son away, not forgetting to glare at him. she took the burnt barbecue into a place before adding more.

"donghyuck, you got the drinks?" she asked, eyes focused entirely on the fire.

"yep!" the omega that has just entered the backyard cheers, lifting up four bottle of alcohol he went out to buy with. settling the drinks onto the table, he walked towards the mother if she needed any help.

one thing donghyuck has learned ever since he arrived in this house, is that things never go correctly. even if planned, things never really go smoothly.

was it maybe because the father was always clueless of what to do and found everything about the house suspicious even though he has been living in it for his whole life? or maybe because the son laughed at basically almsot everything and didn't know how to do anything without his mother? or was it because the mother was always thinking straight but never got to hit those two other men in the head for being so stupid?

once the barbecue was finished, they all settled down onto the small picnic setup the father had already finished setting up while they settled up all their food and drinks. many trips from the backyard and the kitchen was made, but in the end they were satisfied.

taking a piece of meat, the four finally got to eat their masterpiece they've been trying to do for the part two hours. and honestly, it was really good. humming out in delight, the father reaches into a bowl and gets a piece of leaf (edible), before wrapping his piece of meet and chili spice.

shoving it into his mouth, donghyuck watched in awe.

"i wanna try that!"

doing the exact same, the omega had already shoved the creation into his mouth, which made the father proud. the father raised his hands to pat the mouthed full omega, but after seeing the glare in his son's face, he stopped mid air while he smoothly brought his hand back up and stroke through his hair.

the mother who was trying her best to stay calm and collected turned towards the guest, "careful. don't choke."

and that has already made the father and son have dirty thoughts filling their head.

"on what?" the father couldn't help but comment, making the female omega turn towards him with a done expression.

"i will kill you right after he leaves." she spoke in the language he only understood as he cleared his throat, straightening his back while he turned to donghyuck.

"please don't choke."

the omega giggled at how random it was but didn't comment on it, instead he thanked him. while he was busy eating, he didn't see the other three giving short glances and glares at each other about who was going to tell donghyuck he had sauce in his cheeks. not like mark wanted to, the omega looked cute while eating so messily.

when mark was about to tell the omega about it, the omega's phone rang which led to everyone looking at it. excusing himself, the omega picked it up.

"what do you want?"

his tone was playful at first, but the other person must've said soemthing that had made his smile drop, turning around tot he three that was listening into the conversation. "i'll be right there, don't fucking move." he sped walk back to the area as he slowly packed up, "i'm sorry to disappoint you but i really need to leave."

he didn't see the disappointment on mark's face.

🛒

"han fucking seojun!"

the omega was breathless. he ran all the way here just to comfort his own cousin from a heartbreak, since everytime whenever donghyuck missed minhyung, seojun would've always comforted him.

now it was his turn.

recently, seojun had became someone in a love triangle that didn't end well for him. he felt heartbroken, trying to forget about his feelings by auditioning as a idol. but things for him had gotten worst. everyday he felt even more pain, and now he couldn't take it anymore. seojun wasn't the type to say his feelings very easily, so when he called, donghyuck dashed there almsot immediately.

seeing the tears stained cheeks had already made donghyuck heartbroken.

"seojun hyung?" he says, approaching the older from behind. he was sitting on a swing while he cried, probably choosing this place because there was no one here.

the said male turned around, "you actually came."

donghyuck chuckled as he took a seat beside the sad male, swinging himself a little. "why wouldn't i? you've been comforting me my whole life, it wouldn't be fair to just not be here for you too."

seeing that seojun had already started crying agian, the air went silent while donghyuck tried his best to come up with words to comfort the older. "love isn't easy," was all he could start with. "there's many risks and pain from it, but people still want to feel love, weird right? but it's normal to want to feel love, maybe because we're lonely. or maybe she's just not the right person for you."

the other sniffed, "i've tried everything to get her to like me back, i've tried to confess my feelings for her but i felt so selfish doing that! so i tried, i tried to distract myself for being an idol and i still fail."

the omega could only watch as his cousin broke down, not able to do anything to help.

and because of that, his thoughts were soon about: what if it happens to him?

what if he suddenly had a heartbreak just because he wanted love?

"here, let's go." donghyuck stood up, "we're going to a bar."

if he knew.