31

fortunately for mark, donghyuck had a fast reaction

fortunately for mark, donghyuck had a fast reaction. if not for the omega that pulled him back and fell backwards, he wouldn't actually have made it.

"are you crazy! you need to start being aware of your surroundings, mark." the stressed omega buried his face into his palms, irritated and frustrated at the fact that mark wouldn't have made it if it weren't for him. it was such a dangerous situation and if he really wasn't fast enough, what could've happened? that made him worry.

"yeah, i know sunshine... i'm sorry."

again, donghyuck didn't want to be stubborn and seem like a brat, so he forced down the negative thoughts and feelings that overwhelmed him and smiled ever so brightly at his mate. "okay."

mark took the omega's wrist and pulled him close, like there was no one in the dorm but them. well, renjun was out with jeno and so who could interrupt them? his free hand wrapped around donghyuck's waist while he never wanted to let go, but did donghyuck mind? no, not one bit.

was this the perfect time to ask donghyuck?

he was scared of rejection, he was scared that once he even asked that question, and him getting rejected would just break everything. the friendship they had discovered, everything. even maybe the bond between them. mark was so afraid, afraid of the possibilities of getting rejected and experiencing a one sided love.

"sunshine." the called out male then raised an eyebrow still in mark's arms. "if i had confessed to you and asked you out in a real date, would you agree?"

the omega found his heart beating so fast, maybe even out of his chest. heat rushed to his cheeks as he became out of words. he couldn't speak. it was out of shock, not because he didn't know what to say. mark could've taken his expressions the wrong way because when he sighed and stepped away, a pained expression was plastered on his face while regret flowed through him.

he knew this would've happened—

"yeah. of course i would." his world stopped when donghyuck answered that in a small voice, never feeling so happy before. we're they going to be official?

out of happiness and excitement, he pulled the omega closer towards him as he wrapped both his arms possessively around him. a hush of emotions swayed past him, he doesn't really know what it was but it definitely made him feel so much better.

and maybe, maybe his little book did have a happy ending.

🛒

studying at a library— fuck, this was probably the most boring shit donghyuck has ever gone through. he had just gotten his degree for being a makeup artist since it was his passion, and he was doing really well. he had gotten a job— a business and was doing so much better without his parents.

practicing and reading about makeup was what he was doing for hours. and let me tell you, he was bored as heck.

resting his forehead on his arm, he heaved out a sigh while he continued to read along. he was tired, his eyes were, while he rested his chin and focused the best he could. but as he found himself dozing away, he slapped himself again and sat up straight. but his eyes soon closed and his head fell, but this time it was caught with another hand, and it scared him. he was now fully awake, and when he saw who it was, he smiled sleepily.

"you sleepy head." the canadian giggled, pushing a strawberry milk that he had bought earlier to meet his boyfriend. "here, you looked too tired."

the omega smiled as he took the bottle into his hands, he looked back at his book then towards the alpha that was staring at him so intensely resting his chin on his palms. easing an eyebrow, "what are you doing?"

the alpha then replied, "is it not obvious? i'm watching you, obviously."

"that's creepy." the alpha laughed while donghyuck ignored him. it went on like that for a few minutes before the stare was getting to donghyuck and he felt so nervous. was it because mark was just watching him so closely? "stop that."

"stop what?" the alpha questions dumbly, acting like he didn't know what the omega was talking about. seeing his cheeks turn into shades of red made mark satisfied. 

"your stares are weird!" donghyuck pointed a finger at the alpha, too shy to admit that he was not used to this much attention on him. mark had only chuckled, not saying anything else. that had bothered the younger, why wasn't he not saying anything? "if you don't stop staring at me—"

"you'll kiss me?" the older says with excitement. the omega smiled sarcastically, taking the thick book and swiftly hitting it onto mark's head, which then caused for him to wince in pain.

"dream on."

"why not?" mark pouted.

donghyuck knew better than to not fall for his charms, therefore ignoring him and just smirking in victory when he heard the alpha whine in dismay. annoyed at the situation, the older lifted donghyuck's chin to meet his eyes, and seeing how red donghyuck's cheeks went (yet again), he smiled.

the past week of not seeing donghyuck because they both were so busy deciding on what they wanted to do in the future made mark miss him too much.

so far, mark has decided to go take over his dad's company, which he was learning things and getting used to the office already. and that made them really distance themselves. but within this time, donghyuck had always sent him messages and never stopped, telling him about his day and what had happened. every time he read those it made him smile even more.

right. they were deeply in love.

they're both so lucky to have each other.

but, they wanted to keep their relationship low in the mean time. donghyuck wasn't ready to tell everyone yet, and of course, mark understood him. but although, almsot all their friends already knew that they liked each other long ago, especially jaehyun. but mark knew that he wouldn't stop teasing him if they came out.

but for now, he really just wanted to focus on them. nothing distracting him.

leaning closer, "what if mr. kim comes in again?"

do y'all sense the ending? i can smell it