02

"and then, he wrapped his arms around my wai— lee donghyuck, are you even listening!?"

with the mention of his name, donghyuck jerked up and turned his faze towards the chinese that held a look of disappointment.

"sorry injun, i've been having a lot on my mind."

"i can tell." he replies, sighing as he leaned back into his seat. "so what's been on your mind so much that you push your bestest one day old friend aside?" renjun's sarcastic remark made donghyuck chuckle a little.

donghyuck heaved out a small sigh, laying his head onto his palms as he played with his pen in the other hand. "do you perhaps..." he slowly asked, "know anything about alphas around here?"

renjun, who looked a bit taken aback at the question, nodded immediately, turning his body fully around to face donghyuck. he leaned on the back of his chair, pushing up his reading glasses. "well, of course we all know about alphas," renjun says, "but there's another group called the monos."

the unfamiliar name made donghyuck's face scrunch up in confusion. upon this sight, renjun laughed as he continued on.

"the monos weren't that well known, but after their well known dominance and priority mr. lee owned, they quickly became the talk of the news," renjun talked lowly, as if he was telling such horror stories. "the members in the group are never fixed, although, lee jeno, park jisung and mark lee has been on it for a while." renjun explains. the names were unfamiliar, only the lee jeno got to donghyuck as he finally understood why the alpha was giving out so much dark vibes.

but, what about the boy in his class?

he imagines about those dark eyes again, making him jolt up and shake his head harshly. no, he shouldn't be thinking about alphas— he shouldn't be thinking of anyone.

"geez lord, you really must be thinking of someone, huh?" renjun teased, holding a small smirk on his lips.

donghyuck pursed his lips, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks that made renjun's' assumptions of him having a tiny crush true.

"who is he!" renjun nudged playfully, unawre of the alphas that were starting to walk into the same class. "is he perhaps..." renjun whispered. "a mono?"

a growl from a specific alpha filled the room, and again, everyone went silent. donghyuck looked at the alpha— it was the same one from his class. those dark eyes stared directly at him, this time with much more intensity.