end

"are you ready?"

"are you ready?"

jaehyun asked with worry, watching how anxious mark had gotten by the minute. "is this really your decision? do you really want to end the boyfriend relationship here?"

that made the canadian think, does he really want this? is he ready to end it all?

would it just be more stressful?

"you have more time to think, mark." jaehyun says with the cup of coffee in his hand. "after all, donghyuck is dedicated to you. he loves you a lot, are you sure you want to end things here already?"

mark was pretty sure he was confident of decision days ago, but now? he's not sure.

"are you actually ready to propose to him?"

he doesn't know either.

is he ready?

what if donghyuck wasn't?

"i don't know, i feel like he isn't ready for this." mark sighs into his palms, his face turning into worry.

jaehyun was watching his friend turn into a mess, mentally. he had proposed once, but that was because he heard that taeyong was ready as well. but in mark's story, it really isn't the same. we're still young adults - and he barely knew if donghyuck was even ready. "maybe ask him about it? you never know until you actually ask, you know?"

that had mark think – because jaehyun was right. maybe he just had to ask donghyuck himself, instead of surprising him. "you're right, maybe i should ask."

that was the first time mark had ever taken jaehyun's advice. – "does your parents know?"

"of course they do, they're the ones who actually picked out the ring." mark chuckled at the box that was on the cafe table. he sighed before picking it up and standing up from his seat, "let me go pay for the coffee."

jaehyun watched, taking a small glance at his watch. seeing that it was his son's dismissal timing from kindergarten soon, he had to stand up and tell mark that he had to go. he left and started the car, driving off.

leaving mark there, thinking to himself.

he's ready.

but is donghyuck—

his phone rang, lifting an eyebrow when he saw that it was none other than jeno who had called. "hey, what's u—"

"donghyuck's ready too."