10

"donghyuck!"

"donghyuck!"

the called out male stopped on his tracks and planned to turn around, not being able to do so when the chinese that had called out for him jumped on his back, wrapping his arms around the tanned male's neck. upon the weight pressed up on him, donghyuck groaned as he supported the chinese by clinging both his hands under the latter's thighs to make sure he wouldn't fall.

"you're heavy, you know that?" donghyuck chuckled. that made the chinese huff while he got down from his friend's back.

"shut up."

the tanned male then laughed at how fast the chinese's mood switched just because of his small comment. all morning he has been busy at the adoption center renjun brought him to and he instantly was flustered by how cute the kids were. although one of them didn't really communicate. he was always alone, or sending glares towards anyone that would come near him. donghyuck however felt instantly connected to the small boy when he saw how the boy gave him the smallest smile he had seen when donghyuck helped him with fixing his broken toy car.

he didn't know what it was but he just felt the instant connections.

they just so happen to be helping the lady that's working for the kids make lunch for the little children.

"add some flavour." renjun says after seeing how donghyuck was making the food so dry, pushing the other omega aside. "go look after the kids."

nodding his head like an obedient kid, donghyuck trialed out and saw how almsot everyone was playing at the playground and having fun, laughing here and there. they were all playing on the swings, singing songs, and catching each other with happy lighters rolling around the place.

except for one.

the young boy that hasn't spoken since he entered the centre.

it reminded him of donghyuck when he was younger, always being separated. but this time the young boy chose not to play with the happy kids at the playground.

approaching the distracted young boy, the omega took a small seat beside him. he didn't have favourites but he somehow felt more comfortable with the boy.

"can i join you?"

the question made the boy flinch, getting a small giggle out of the tanned male.

the small boy then recognised donghyuck's face, trying his best not to sound rude. "o-of course?" it sounded like an uneasy question, but it did have some improvements. at least the boy wasn't completely ignoring donghyuck anymore.

"thank you."

settling down completely beside the boy, donghyuck noticed how the small boy shifted to him a little; making himself comfortable.