12

the male canadian sighed after walking into the centre, hearing the number of kids' laughers and giggles errupting the place

the male canadian sighed after walking into the centre, hearing the number of kids' laughers and giggles errupting the place. the person at the counter was almsot falling asleep if he didn't approach her.

"mark! you're back!" the lady states, smiling as she stands up properly as if she wasn't sleeping a second ago. "the kids misses you a lot, they've been waiting for you the whole week." a chuckle crosses pass her mouth, as she leans down to write mark's name. "anyway, go ahead in."

the canadian thanked the lady at counter, walking into the room where many laughters and giggles were at. as he walked in, he's cleared his throat to make his presence known in the room.

a kid turned his head, "mr. mark!"

the others stopped their playing, turning their heads towards the canadian. with shocked and happy gasps, they all rushed towards the male and hugged him, making him chuckle and bend down to match the heights of the kids.

"how are you guys?"

"good!" one replied.

"we missed you." another pouted.

he felt comfortable, comfortable with these kids, comfortable in this place, comfortable with the kids he had always visited.

"m-mr. mark?" the canadian looked up from his place, spotting a small boy staring at him with intense eyes.

since all the kids had already hugged him, they had already left him there with the little boy that stayed there, as usual with a toy care in his hand. "hey buddy." mark chuckled, signalling for the boy to come closer.

he knew the boy wasn't a fond of hugs, so he just patted the boy's head a little. but what he didn't expect was for the young boy to drop his toy, then launching at the canadian that was frozen in his spot.

"b-bud—"

"i m-missed you," the boy forced out some words even though he hated talking, "even though you always make me ang-angry." mark giggled at the tries the boy made to try to talk to him, patting his back to make him feel more comfortable.

"i missed you too, buddy." mark sighed. "have you been behaving well?"

pulling away, the alpha furrowed his eyebrows at the silence filling the air. he was about to say something, but the kid had already beat him to it. "yes, yes i have." he says, "i miss mr. leaf."

getting confused at the nickname, mark frowned as he took the boy and carried him. "who's mr. leaf?"

the young boy hadn't noticed how shocked mark was. "yeah, mr. leaf!"

thinking that the boy just made it up, mark chuckled and walked towards the playground. "yay!" he cheered lowly, making sure not to scare other kids away. because of how introverted and shy the boy is, mark bets the young boy can never meet someone new.

feeling his empty hands, the boy gasped. he had dropped his toy from the before! grasping out of the canadian's grip, he ran towards where he felt he lost his toy car, but when he couldn't find it, his eyes started watering. "t-toy car? where?" he pouted.

he loved his toy cars, so seeing one missing made him cry.

"hey! don't cry!"

🛒

"joon! i swear to god, we're late for our meet up!" taeyong sighed dreadfully, dragging his five year old son by the ear to the front door. "your dad is going to kill me." he sighs, shutting the door as his son follows obediently towards the car.

"hey, sorry we're late." he says, breathing uneven. "anyways, joon, buckle up." taeyong says, reaching out to his husband and giving him a small peck on the lips.

the person at the driver's seat turned around to face his son, his lips turning into a soft smile. reaching backwards to ruffle his hair, jaehyun raised an eyebrow when he saw a small toy car in his hands. "what's that?"

the small boy looks down at this hands, "car!"

chuckling and facing forward, jaehyun turned on the car engine while driving off.

upon entering the centre, joon had his jaw dropped. the centre was perfect, the perfect playground, the perfect bedrooms— everything. everything he wished he could have. walking around while his parents talked with another adult, he soon spotted another toy car on the ground.

bending down to pick it up, he was about to show it to the lady at the counter if the cries hadn't began. there was a boy sniffling while wiping his tears away with his hands, looking around frantically.

"hey! don't cry." he says, holding the toy car up. "this yours?"

the crying boy stopped crying as soon as his eyes landed on the toy car, nodding his head immediately while his eyes turned into glitters of excitement.

"here you go." once the car was passed, the other boy immediately turned away and started walking away. joon thought they could be friends, bestfriends even. but from the cold look on his face and bored eyes, he gave up on that thought.

while with the adults, they were all gathered in the main play area where no kids were currently at.

"why did you choose to meet up here?" jaehyun asked, eyeing the centre with disgusted longing in his face. "feels like i'm in a human zoo."

his husband chuckled at his sarcasm, holding his hand tightly when he thought about why they were meeting in the first place.

he was worried that they wouldn't be accepted. he hoped mark would be understanding enough.

"right, why did you want to even meet in the first place?" the canadian asks, getting a small sip of water.

"we're planning to get married."

short chapters but i was feeling unmotivated:(