Chapter 23: Headache

Isabelle started to avoid Jared after that realization on her being in love with Jared. She couldn't get it, he was just so arrogant and cocky sometimes, plus she barely knew him! How could she love him already?

Isabelle flopped down on the bed, groaning as she continued to dwell over this. She gathered a pillow to herself and hugged it, bringing her knees up to her chest in the process. She had only discovered this feeling yesterday and what does she get because of it? You guessed it, a major headache.

Damn these headaches, why is it that when she gets one, they seem to affect her terribly? Damn you Jared for making me feel this way. Why do you have to be... you? She sighed and slowly sat up on the bed, maybe a shower would help.

She strode over to the bathroom and quickly undressed and climbed in. She started to think of everything. Shut up mind! she yelled at herself. Isabelle washed her hair and shaved her body before jumping out of the shower. Isabelle looked at herself in the mirror, looking at her dark hair that came from the water. It wasn't so bad. Grabbing a blow dryer, she started to blow dry her hair dry and then took a brush and brushed through it, taiming it.

Isabelle got dressed and walked out of the bathroom and decided to head down to the kitchen to see what there was to eat. She couldn't avoid Jared forever, she knew she was going to have to face him sooner or later, she just hoped that it would be the latter.

She walked into the kitchen and smelt chocolate, she smiled but it dropped when she realized that Jared was in there also. Isabelle frowned and went over to the fridge, forgetting about the chocolate because she wasn't in the mood to talk to him.

"Hey," Jared said to her with her back to him. She turned around at his voice and glared at him, keeping the act up. There was no way that she was going to reveal to him what was going on in her mind right now, no freaking way. "Why are you avoiding me? I know you think that I haven't noticed, but I have and I want to know the reason why."

Isabelle shook her head, denying it, "I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't been avoiding you."

"Yes you have, and I'm going to get to the bottom of it for why that is." Jared turned to walk out of the kitchen but stopped and turned back to her, "oh, and I'm going to take you out on our date tonight that I had promised to do at eight, so you better be ready by then. Abby will know what to do." He then proceeded to walk out of the kitchen and off to who knows where.

Isabelle just stared after him in shock. A date? Tonight! What was she supposed to do, to say? She had never been on one before. Will she make a total screw up of herself? What if- what if she somehow revealed to him that she loved him? That would be a total disaster!

She ran out of the kitchen as fast as a lightning bolt, and ran upstairs to her room, eating being forgotten. Isabelle ran into Jared's bedroom, but knew that she could call it her own now also because she wasn't going to get another place to sleep. She knew that, if she did, she probably would have been offered a different bedroom by now. But it's not like she denied sharing a room with him in the first place either, so some of it was her fault.

Isabelle leaned against the door behind her and let out a shaking breath, her heart beating a hundred miles a minute. To say she was nervous for this date was an understatement. To her, it felt like the whole world was exploding under her feet and she couldn't do anything about it.

Slowly, but steadily, she made it over her closet and opened the door to find no other than Abby.

Abby turned around upon hearing the door open and squealed when she saw Isabelle. She laughed herself across the room at her and hugged her tightly before pulling away. "Aren't you just excited to be going on this date tonight!" Abby jumped up and down happily, clapping her hands and said before Isabelle could say anything, "come on! Let's get you ready for this date!"

Abby then proceeded to drag her out of the closet and to a chair in front of a mirror before she started to attack her with hair and make up.

Oh God, please don't let this be a total disaster!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short again but I figured if you get an update every day, the chapters are a little shorter. Anyways, I hope you like it! Thank you all so much for voting and reading this book, it makes me so happy to hear what you all say. Thank you for the support. The funny thing is, when I went to bed on Saturday night, it was at 7K views and about 200 votes. Now I'm at 27K views and 800 votes, so thank you so much again, I love you all.

Let's see if we can get 20 votes and 10 comments before I update again.

Comment

Vote

Share