Chapter 34: Picnic

This chapter is dedicated to mlairmore for figuring out that the anwer to... If I drink, I will die. If I eat, I am fine. What amd I?... is fire. Congratulations!

The other riddle is still open for grabs which is..... What is the longest word in the dictionary?
If no one guesses it right in the next two chapters, I will tell you the answer to this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle soon let her elbow down and just hung against him lazily. As soon as they were out of the water, Jared started running faster, causing her to laugh and flop around on his back the faster he ran. He only stopped once though to put her down and hand her her clothes.

Isabelle laughed and said nothing as she put her clothes back on. Once she was done though, Jared threw her back over his shoulder and started running again.

"Put me down!" Isabelle laughed and kicked her legs so he hopefully could put her down. "I can walk myself!"

"Nope, no can do. I rather like the view," he answered before spanking her, "it's very nice."

Isabelle growled, "put me down, or else you're going to get it."

"How would you do that?" he questioned.

"Like this." Isabelle then started to tickle his sides, which made him laugh and almost drop her.

"No! Stop it! I'll put you down, just as soon as we get there. We are almost there anyways."

isabelle rolled her eyes, "whatever." She then just relaxed against him, or relaxed the best she could.

She was suddenly put down by him and it took her a moment to adjust to her surroundings. Once she was standing though, and looking around, she saw a blanket spread out on the ground a few feet away with a picnic basket set right in the middle of it.

Isabelle turned to face towards him with a smile. "This is nice. So now are you going to tell me how you got this out here without bringing anything with you?" She looked back at Buddy, who had seemed to take a swim while they were and now had followed them all the way here. She just hoped that Buddy didn't lay his wet body on the blanket. They all knew how fun that would be.

Jared chuckled, "quite easy actually. I just mind linked someone from my pack and they brought it all out here."

Isabelle looked at him for a moment before nodding. "That's nice to know. So, speaking about your pack, when am I able to meet them?"

Jared shrugged, "after we are fully mated. I think it would be best."

Isabelle nodded, "okay." Then something came to her mind that she hadn't thought of in a long time.... home. "How long has it been since I've been with you guys?"

"About two weeks, why?"

"Because I was just thinking about my parents and home. We have to be back home in two weeks so they don't worry. They went on vacation for a month and wanted us to learn how to take care of ourselves for a full month. I don't think that turned out very well, though being kidnapped and all. But I'm fine with it now."

"Good, I'm glad you're not. Now come on, let's go eat." There was something else in his eyes, but Isabelle couldn't quite place it. Was he mad or something? She shrugged it off as she saw him sit down on the blanket and came to sit down beside him.

:"So, what's in it? Did you tell them what to pack or did you let them pack it for you?" Isabelle asked.

"I told them what to pack," Jared answered as he brought out a couple of sandwiches from the basket along with some grapes and pineapple. She just laughed when she saw this.

Jared looked at her weirdly and asked, "what's so funny?"

She shook her head, "nothing. It's just so typical to bring on a picnic. I thought you would have been a bit more original than this."

Jared shrugged, "what can I say? I'm not the best at this. I've never gone a picnic. Now do you want this or not? If not, I can always eat if for myself."

Isabelle shook her head and took a sandwich. "No, it's fine. I'll take it." She then took a bite out of it and started to eat the rest of the meal along with him.

They ate in silence, just enjoying the beautiful day but it was interrupted just as soon as they started to pack everything up by a growl.

Isabelle slowly turned around to look at where the growl was coming from, only to find twenty rogue wolves surrounding them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's short, I know, sorry! I would have added a lot more detail and it be a lot longer but I'm honestly have been so tired lately and haven't had the time to write. I wish I did, then I could have given you guys a better chapter for after three days, but here you go, hope you like it anyways...

The next two riddles for you to figure out for a chapter dedicated to you... (I will probably do this for a few more chapters yet.)

A blue house is made out of blue bricks, a red house is made out of red bricks and a yellow house is made out of yellow bricks. What is a green house made out of?

What becomes wetter as it becomes dryer?

Comment

Vote

Share