Chapter 28: Meet the Parents

Off to the side is a picture of Isabelle, or what I imagine her to look like.

-------------

Isabelle finally climbed out of the shower and got dressed for her day. She was now feeling underdressed now that Jared mentioned she was going to meet his parents? What would they think of her? She hoped not to poorly. She didn't know how she would be able to live through that if they did.

It didn't help that she was completely flushed after whatever... that was in the shower. Her mind was so jumbled up she couldn't even think straight. Damn you Jared, why'd you have to make me react the way I do? It also didn't help that she felt a want for Jared even more than she had since before he had marked her.

Isabelle walked out of the bathroom cautiously, making sure Jared wasn't there. She was pleased to find that he wasn't but also a little disappointed. She shrugged and walked over to the closet, looking for something better to wear than just sweats and a t-shirt.

Isabelle shuffled through the closet until she found a nice pair of jeans and cute off the shoulder top. Hopefully it would be good enough. She walked back out of the closet and grabbed a brush, going through her tangled mess of hair. Once she was done, she sat the brush down and looked at herself in the mirror. She thought she looked okay, but she wasn't quite sure.

She looked at the clock on the wall to see how much time she had left. 10 minutes! No time to put on makeup now. She would just have to go as she was. Hopefully she looked good enough. Isabelle hurried out of the room, no time to eat either, which she had hoped she would be doing.

Isabelle ran down the steps and when she was at the bottom, she was greeted by a bone crushing hug. Who was this person?

Jared came into her line of sight chuckling. "Mom, I think you should let my mate go, it looks like you're suffocating her."

"Oh, I'm sorry dear," his mother said letting go of her and holding her at arms length, "I'm just so excited to finally meet my baby's mate. How are you dear?" she asked turning to Isabelle.

She looked at her for a moment before smiling softly and answered, "I'm okay, thank you."

"That's great!" his mom said before exclaiming, "oh! Where are my manners, my name is Michelle and this is my husband Patrick." She gestured towards an older version of Jared standing only a few feet away from them.

"Hi," she said shyly as she looked at them, "I'm Isabelle, but I'm sure you already knew that."

"We didn't actually," Michelle replied, "it's nice to finally know you're name though."

"It's nice to know who you are too," Isabelle told her.

Michelle smiled, "so how about we sit down and get to know each other then? Let's talk about how you two met."

Isabelle looked over at Jared nervously but didn't get to see the reaction on his face as she was pulled over to the couch and was pushed down. Michelle then said, "so tell me how you two met."

"Mom-" Jared tried to cut it but was cut off by his mother, "no, you shush, I want to hear what Isabelle has to say." She then looked back at Isabelle and smiled, "so, you can start whenever you like."

Isabelle smiled nervously and said, "well funny thing actually, we met at the mall." She looked over at Jared who looked pretty nervous. She smiled at bit evilly now. This would be the perfect time to get back at him for revenge. "I didn't respond well at first. I actually blew up in his face when he tried to pay for my food, thinking that someone needed to pay it for me and I couldn't do it myself. I thought he was a player at the moment and was just looking for an excuse to get into my pants."

She looked over at Jared smiled sweetly, not really focusing on his reaction before continuing, "anyways, after that. I went home and he followed me and my best friend there with Luke. Oh, and here's the hilarious part, he kidnapped me and my friend that night and brought us here." Isabelle watched for Michelle's reaction and got the reaction she wanted.

"What!" Michelle blew up turning towards Jared, the most angry expression on her face that you can imagine. "YOU KIDNAPPED YOUR MATE! WE RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THAT JARED! YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!"

Jared looked like he was actually cowering back in fear and mumbled with his head down, "I know mom, but she left me! I thought she rejected me! What else was I supposed to do!"

"Not kidnap her for one," his mother answered, "you could have won over her heart like any other guy that wanted a girl. It's not that difficult you know."

"I know, I've been told many times by my mate already, I don't need you to tell me also!"

"Well I'm your mother! And I get to tell you whatever I want! What are your children gonna think when they hear about this?" Michelle exclaimed. She then turned to Isabelle and said, "oh, and I hope you do hurry up. I want some grandbabies fast."

Isabelle's face turned beat red while Jared groaned, "mom! Really? Now is not the right time to be talking about this!"

She turned on her son and said, "really? Then when is the right time? Can you tell me that? What better time then to discuss it now with everyone present?" She then turned back to Isabelle and said, "I want at least five. When can you do that for me?"

Isabelle wasn't able to answer, to shocked to say anything at all. This was most definitely not the right time to talk about this. How did we go from yelling at Jared to talking about me having kids? Isabelle wondered.

"Don't you have other things to discuss?" Isabelle asked Michelle, "like, I don't know, taking care of Jared and what he did to me?"

"Oh yes, thank you for reminding me honey. You might want to take a step outside the living room. It might get a bit nasty in here."

Isabelle grinned to herself and nodded, "okay." She stood up and went to the kitchen, hoping that Jared got what he deserved after all this time.

------------------------------------------

Okay, I just worked on this for last few hours for you guys. How good is it? And wow, thanks guys! Almost 46.6K reads and 1.4K votes. Thank you so much, I can't do without you. Anyways I hope you like this chapter. If you do, don't forget to...

Comment

Vote

Share