Chapter 15: Car Crash

Isabelle screamed. That was the only reasonable thing to do in this situation, because really, who wouldn't scream when you lose control of the car?

The car spun, making Isabelle not only dizzy, but also making her scream louder. They finally stopped once they hit a tree in the front of the car, making Isabelle's head snap forwards from the sudden stop.

She put a hand to her forehead, feeling a little woozy, but she cleared her mind when she saw Jared kick at the door and it come clean off it's hinges. He pushed himself out of the car before turning towards her door to open it.

Isabelle turned her attention to attention to Abby who looked like she was doing somewhat good, minus a few cuts here and there because of glass shattering, that made her wonder if she was cut anywhere. She couldn't feel if she was or not. "Are you okay?" she asked Abby as Jared opened the door to her side.

Abby nodded, "yeah, I'm fine, but what about you? You don't look to hot."

"What do you mean?" Isabelle asked her raising an eyebrow.

"She means," Jared cut in, "that we need to get you checked out. Now come on, we need to get out of here." He lifted her out of the car bridal style and sat her down on her feet. Luke had gotten out of the car also and was doing the same thing to Abby.

"What about our things? What are we going to do with them?" Isabelle asked worriedly.

"Don't worry," Jared answered, "we have someone coming to get them and we're going with them."

"How do you know that?" Isabelle asked as Abby and Luke came around the car to their side.

"We have this thing called mind link," Luke explained, "it's where for us werewolves, we are able to communicate with others in our pack with our mind. We are able to have conversations in our head."

"That's cool," Abby said after a moment. "Wait, there's more of you around here? How comes we didn't know that?"

"We're living in one of my parents houses right now," Jared explained, "and yes, Luke does have his own room because he always came over there so much, my parents decided to give him a room to call it his own." He said this before either of them could ask the question why Luke had his own room in Jared's parents house.

"Wait, one of?" Isabelle asked in surprise, "you mean your parents are rich!? How many houses do they have?"

"Two," Jared answered, "and for the rich reason, yeah, I guess you can say that. My dad used to be the Alpha of this pack, or leader as you humans would call it, but now that titles passed down to me and once I find my mate and marry her, which is you, then I'll be taking over the house in which we live in right now calling it our own."

Isabelle wasn't paying much attention to the last half, all she could focus on was, "wait, you're the leader of a bunch of werewolves? How comes you didn't mention it?"

Jared grinned sheepishly, "well, I thought it would be best if I didn't say to much at once so you could process it all. Luke over there is the Beta, or second in command over the entire pack."

It was Abby's turn to turn to Luke, "so now you are saying that you are the second leader of this pack. Man you guys-"

She was interrupted by a loud growling sound not to far away and they all slowly turned towards it.

A big brown, savage looking wolf was stalking towards them and there were two more behind wolf. Jared and Luke both stepped in front of them, pushing her and Abby behind them and growling lowly in their throats. Isabelle would have freaked out hearing the growls but now that she knew that they were wolves, she wasn't as freaked out as much.

"What are those?" Isabelle asked. She knew they were wolves just by looking at them, but they didn't look the nicest.

"They're rogues," Jared explained, before she could ask what those are, he answered, "they are werewolves without a pack either being kicked out, leaving their pack, or their entire pack died and became wild. They move from place to place, trying to make trouble for other packs." While he said this, he didn't look at her the entire time, only keeping his eye on the rogues in front of them.

They both then turned into a wolf in front of their eyes. Jared was a little bigger than Luke and Isabelle wondered if there was a reason for that but she quickly lost that thought as the rogues jumped at them. Both Jared and Luke jumped to meet them and went into a full on fight.

Isabelle turned her head away, not wanting to watch it but she knew she should. She just didn't want them to get hurt, she didn't know what she would do if that happened.

She slowly looked back over to them and saw that Jared had one rogue pinned down and looked like he was about to kill it. She looked over at Luke and saw that he was basically in the same position as the other one. Isabelle looked around, looking for the third one but didn't see it anywhere. Where's the third one? She looked around wildly, becoming scared. She heard a growl behind her and she froze. Isabelle slowly turned around to come face to face with the savage looking rogue.

She did the only thing she could think of, she screamed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short again, I was planning on making it longer but I decided to cut it off right there.

Comment

Vote

Share