Chapter 43: Tell

Isabelle opened her eyes slowly and looked around. She couldn't remember the last thing that had happened before she passed out. It looked like she was in Jared's room though. The last thing she had remembered was being in the living room and talking with Daniel and Jared and how Jared told her to hold up her shirt for the bruise on her waist and then how he told her that she had a brother. Wait... she had a brother. Isabelle sat up in alarm to find Jared and Daniel sitting down at the end of her bed.

She scooted to the edge of her bed closest to the wall and leaned up against it. "What's he doing in here?" she asked referring to Daniel while looking at him.

Jared looked at Daniel before back at her, "he just wanted to make sure you were alright. He was shocked by this also, but not as much as you were."

"Get him out, please, I can't take this right now," Isabelle whined, sure, she did want to get to know Daniel, after all, he was her brother, but not right now. Now wasn't a good time. She wanted to process this all in before she did anything.

Jared gave an apologetic look towards Daniel but he shrugged and nodded. He sighed as he stood up and walk towards the door, shooting one more glance over his shoulder at her before disappearing out of the room.

Jared looked back at her and said, "I want to stay more, I really do, but I stayed long enough to make sure you woke up. But I have to go now, it's something important, do you understand?"

Isabelle whined slightly but nodded, "yeah, but I don't want you to go." She crawled over to him and wrapped her arms around him, holding him tight.

"I know you don't, but I have to. Why don't you spend the rest of the day with Abby? She probably misses you as much as you miss her," Jared said.

Isabelle brightened up at the thought of seeing Abby again and nodded, "okay, I guess I'll see you when you get back. How long will that be?"

Jared shrugged, "I honestly don't know, it could take a day, it could take a week, it all really depends on what's going on."

"Please, be back by tonight," Isabelle begged.

"I promise I will try my best, I hate spending a night without you," Jared told her.

"Me too," she agreed and kissed him softly before he pulled away and laid a hand on her cheek, "okay, I really do have to go now." He kissed her one more time before getting up off the bed and heading towards the room.

"I love you," Isabelle told him as her way to say by to him.

Jared looked back at her and smiled, "I love you too." He then walked out the door and out of her sight to go do whatever he needed to do.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating for a week guys! Also I'm sorry it's short, probably the shortest I've done in a while, I thought you just wanted something anyways to keep you going on the story. If I had decided to right more of the chapter, it would have taken much longer than this. But anyways, I hope this satisfied your needs for a little bit.

Also, next update is when I reach 50 votes, can you do that for me?

Comment

Vote

Share