Chapter 17: Hospital

It's been two days since the attack and Isabelle was still unconscious. Jared sat beside her in a chair with his head down while holding her hand. He has been doing this for the past two days, just sitting by her and praying to the Moon goddess that she would get better. He couldn't live without her and didn't know what he would do if he lost her.

He lightly pressed his lips to her hand for what seemed like the millionth time for the past two days. The doctors had tried to get him to leave for the first day they were there but he only growled and snapped at them until they got the message that he wasn't leaving.

Amazingly, Abby hasn't really said anything about him being with Isabelle all the time and didn't make him leave either. Abby was here usually all day also but Luke made her go home at night.

When Abby usually wasn't beside Isabelle, she was usually crying on Luke's shoulder, staying close to him. Jared envied him, he was able to get closer to his mate, unlike him when Isabelle was unconscious and he couldn't talk to her because of it.

The rogue had hit her head pretty hard on rock and had made a cut across her forehead. It wasn't anything the doctors couldn't handle. They were specialized in this after all.

"I love you," Jared muttered softly and rested his head on her bed right beside her. All he wanted was for her to wake up and be with him again. He didn't know when that would be . The doctors never said anything about a coma, only that she might be out for a few days from everything that she had suffered.

Isabelle had gotten a major concussion and her her arm was wrapped up in a bandage. Somewhere, between everything, her other arm had also broke and she had a few ribs broken. But she also seemed to be healing just a little faster than the average human, which confused them all. Jared barely paid attention to that though and only took that as a sign that his mate was getting better and would wake up sooner.

He felt a pushing in his head and he growled. He didn't want to be interrupted, no matter what it was for. The only way he would leave his mate was if that rogue that had done this to her was out there so he could could kill him. Because of him, Isabelle was hurt even more because of the glass raining down on her in the car since he had ran in front of it. Why were the rogues hating him all of a sudden? This he didn't know but there have been more attacks of something like this for the past few months, though it was nothing that they couldn't handle. He sighed and just went back to holding her hand again, kissing it softly.

Jared couldn't take it anymore as he stared up into her face. He just had to kiss her, even if she was like this. His wolf even urged him to do so. He leaned up slowly towards her and stared down at the face of his beautiful mate with a sigh. Her face was the most beautiful one that he had ever seen before in his life. He could imagine kissing those plush pink lips of hers every day and never stop. He could imagine a life time of them together when he just stared at her face.

He closed his eyes and buried his face in her neck, breathing deeply, taking in her scent. It calmed him down a bit but he still had the urge to kiss her. He didn't know why he did, but he didn't care anymore. He lifted his head from her neck and stared at her face again before he pressed his lips to hers.

Her lips were so soft and tasted like heaven, and he wasn't even really tasting her yet! How was it that she could taste and feel so beautiful already when he wasn't even tasting her? It just didn't make sense.

Immediately after, the heart monitor speed up faster and he pulled away in alarm, wondering what it could mean. Nurses rushed into the room to see what was going on and people started to push him back, but he struggled saying, "no! I'm not leaving my mate!" and a bunch more jumble mumble stuff that couldn't be heard over everything in the room.

"We can't help her unless you take a step back Alpha," the pack doctor said. Jared growled at him a little bit before nodding reluctantly and taking a step back.

Jared watched the doctors and nurses from a distance, not really watching them but watching them at the same time. Everything was blurry as he focused solely on his mate, it was like nothing could break his eye contact from her.

Suddenly, the line went dead and everyone stopped moving. Jared became nervous and he blocked everything out besides Isabelle's still body. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, he knew what was happening, but he didn't want to accept it. Slowly, sound started to filter back though his ears as he heard that she's dead.

She's dead.

His mate, his one and only was dead.

How could something like this happen? Was fate so against him that they would take away mate and leave him alone in the world after finding her not so long ago? Was it really so cruel. He suddenly felt the need to destroy something and he marched across the room, picking up a wooden chair and throwing it at the wall. It splintered into pieces and the people around him coward away in fear. Apparently, something else had happened that they didn't catch if she was dead now.

He went to go get something else to throw. Grabbing the back of another chair, he picked it up and was about to throw it when he froze.

A heartbeat.

And then another one.

Jared put the chair down and raced across the room to her side, not caring what happened to anything else that was in his way, he just wanted to get to Isabelle.

He leaned over her and asked softly, "Isabelle?"

Her eyes shot open and he was met with beautiful emerald eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait, I couldn't find a time to sit down and write this week. I had so many things going on. But here's the next chapter, I hope it made up for my absence.

Comment

Vote

Share