Chapter 32: Walk

Off to the side is a picture of Jared of what I imagine him to look like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle looked around the kitchen, half expecting Jared's parents to be there but when she didn't see them, she asked him, "where did your parents go? Did they leave a few days ago?"

Jared nodded, "yeah, they did. They left not to long after your heat started."

She nodded, "okay, well then, where's Abby? And what are we going to do today?"

Jared shrugged, "I don't know on either or those, but I was planning on maybe taking a walk around with Buddy since I know how much you love him? You haven't seen him for the last few days so I figured that you would like that."

Isabelle nodded, "yes, you're right, I would."

"Then let's get going," Jared headed towards the door and called for Buddy. Isabelle followed after him and walked through the door and into the fresh morning air.

It was so nice be outside in the fresh air again, so much better than being cooped up in one room in the house. Isabelle bent down beside Buddy and started to pet him. "Hey Buddy, how you doing? I missed you." He scratched behind his ears for a moment before standing up and looking at Jared. "I'm ready, though I think you should go get me something to eat for while we walk."

Jared rolled his eyes and she was able to just make out, "damn, I was hoping that she would have forgotten about food."

She just laughed, "wow, that's a good joke. Now go get me some food before I leave myself."

"Alright, alright, I'm going. Don't get your panties in a bunch." He disappeared back inside while Isabelle sat down on the steps on the back of the porch and petted Buddy again.

Jared came back out a few minutes later with a donut and a few pieces of bacon for her though there was nothing to put them on or hold them. Isabelle rolled her eyes but knew why he would do that. She took the things from him and said, "thank you," before she started to eat them both.

Once she had stood up, they started walking while Isabelle ate. It was actually quite good, maybe not the best breakfast in the world but it was getting there. She watched Jared pick up a stick and throw it. She watched as Buddy yipped joyously and chased after it.

Isabelle finished the donut and bacon, whipping the grease off her hands and onto her pants, as she watched Buddy come trotting back with the stick clutched firmly in his jaws.

She patted her leg and said, "come here Buddy!" He changed direction and came to Isabelle. She smiled brightly and took the stick from him before throwing it far again. She watched him as he chased after it again. This went on for a while before Buddy got to hot from all the running and decided to plop down in some shade.

That wasn't a bad idea actually, Isabelle followed after him and sat down next to Buddy in the grass. She started to pet Buddy and closed her eyes, hearing Jared sit down next to her and then wrap his arm around her shoulders. She smiled softly and leaned into him. This was just a perfect day to be doing all of this, she couldn't imagine a better day.

Isabelle looked up at Jared and asked after a while, "is there anything else you plan on doing today."

He smiled and nodded, "yes, actually."

"What is it?"

"You'll just have to wait and see," was all he answered, making me curious even more for what was in store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short, shorter than usual. Sorry! And I'm also sorry for the late update. I was busy all weekend and barely had time to write, otherwise I would have updated sooner. And once again, I am uploading and writing this chapter half asleep so I hope you like it even though it might be terrible in my opinion. What do you think will happen next?

Comment

Vote

Share