Chapter 41: Surprise!

Isabelle ran down the steps with a screech. Suddenly, arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her into a chest. "Let me go!" she yelled as she struggled to get out of his arms.

There was a rumble in his chest like he was laughing. "Now why would I do that? I told you I would get you if you ran away from me."

"Please!" Isabelle begged just wanting to get away from him at the moment.

"No can do," she heard behind her with another laugh from his chest and lifted her up, "now, it's time for you to get your punishment for running from me."

Isabelle was thrown over his shoulder and carried down the rest of the hallway before they reached the living room and she was thrown down on the couch. He landed on top of her, straddling her. Isabelle looked up at Jared, laughing, and begged, "please, don't!"

Jared's only answer was to tickle her. Isabelle screeched in laughter and tried to push his hands away, "please, get off of me. Stop!" she got out in between breaths.

Jared laughed, "I don't want to! I like being in this position."

If Isabelle's face wasn't already red, she would be blushing from the comment, but instead she begged, "please? I'll do anything you want for the rest of the day." She would, even if she wasn't able to walk right because of last night, but it was barely noticeable to anyone. She didn't even know how she managed to run away from him earlier.

Jared raised an eyebrow at her, "anything?" There was a smirk on his face and Isabelle knew she was going to regret saying this. She nodded slowly, "yeah, anything."

Jared grinned and opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. He looked at the door before looking back at her, "you're a lucky girl, you know that? Saved by the bell." He got up off her, finally, and went to the door to answer it.

While he was doing that, Isabelle wondered where Abby was. She hadn't seen her since yesterday and she really missed her best friend. She had so much to tell her but at the same time, she wanted to keep it secret and to herself because she felt like she would be embarrassed by it.

Isabelle looked up just Jared came back with someone that looked familiar though she knew she's never seen this person in her life before. She looked over at Jared for an explanation to who this was.

"This is Daniel," Jared told her, "you wanted to meet him."

Isabelle smiled at that, "yes, I did say that." She went up to them both and said to Daniel, "I just wanted to meet you to thank you for saving me yesterday."

Daniel smiled at her, "no problem. It was a pleasure to help my Luna."

Isabelle kept staring at Daniel while he said that, there was just something about him that seemed familiar to her. "Thank you," she replied. She then went back to staring at him. After a moment, it clicked and she muttered out loud, "you look like my dad."

Jared and Daniel turned and looked at her, shock on their faces. "What did you say?" Daniel asked.

Isabelle realized her mistake but repeated louder anyways, "I said that you look like my dad."

Daniel turned to Jared and gestured him towards him. They then started talking lowly to each other. Isabelle wasn't able to hear even with her werewolf hearing that she discovered that she had.

She wanted to hear what they were saying so badly since it seemed to concern her or her dad somehow. She thought her most likely because they kept stealing glances at her. After what seemed like forever, they both looked up and Jared said, "Is, lift your shirt up."

"What! No! Are you crazy?" Isabelle exclaimed, she wasn't going to lift her shirt up with Daniel in the room.

Jared rolled his eyes, "not all the way, just enough to go over your waist."

Isabelle glared at Jared for a moment, challenging him slightly over this and he stared back at her. Eventually, she gave in and lifted her shirt up to over her waist. "There, is that better?"

Jared came over to her and looked at her waist with the bruise on it. He then said, "Daniel, come over here and do the same thing."

Daniel did as he was told and lifted his shirt up when he was next to them. There was a half moon shaped bruise on his waist also. Isabelle looked at it in confusion, why would he have something like she did on his waist also?

Jared looked at both of the bruises and said after a moment, looking up at her. "Isabelle, this isn't no ordinary bruise."

"Then what could it be?" she asked in confusion, interrupting him.

"This is a very rare case," Jared told her, continuing on, "you see, both you and Daniel have a half a moon on your waist, this doesn't happen very often."

"I know, you've established that already," Isabelle said, interrupting him once again.

"Sush, and let me finish," Jared told her hastily. "As I was saying, this only happens every once in a while. This is where siblings have the same werewolf father but different mothers. And this happens when the children haven't met each other before. It has to be a case where they haven't met each other for ten or more years for them both for this to happen."

"What are you saying?" Isabelle asked suddenly fearing what this could mean.

"Isabelle, the half moon on each of your guy's waist indicates that you are these wolves. Isabelle, Daniel is your brother."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahaha, cliffhanger! Don't you guys just love those? I've had this planned for a long time and now I get to write it! Well anyways, what do you think? How's Isabelle going to act?

Comment

Vote

Share