Chapter 45: The Start

Isabelle was tired after spending a whole day with Abby, Abby basically wore her out. She was half asleep on the couch as it was. She pulled her eyes away from the movie, yawning and said, "sorry Abby, but I think I'm going to go to bed now."

Abby looked at her and nodded, yawning also. "Yeah, I think that's a good idea. I'm pooped. See you tomorrow." She got up and shut off the tv before going up to the room she shared with Luke.

Isabelle sighed, she wished Jared was back already. Then she would have someone to cuddle with while she went to sleep. She sighed again, mainly from how tired she was, and went upstairs to go to bed.

As Isabelle got ready for bed, which consisted of a pair of baggy gray sweat pants that were Jared's and a large t-shirt, which was also Jared's, she got the feeling that something bad was about to happen. She shrugged it off and went to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and hair. She then did her business and washed her hands and face.

When she was done, she looked up at herself through the mirror. She smiled. There was something she wanted to tell Jared, but that would have to wait till tomorrow. She didn't know what he was going to think of it. Would he be happy? Scared? Angry? She hoped it would be the happy part, there was no way she could handle it if he didn't accept it.

Isabelle brushed her fears away, of course he would love it, why wouldn't he? With that thought in her head, she skipped out of the bathroom and towards the bed. She quickly covered herself up with a smile on her face and closed her eyes.

Just as she was about to fall asleep, she heard the door open. She smiled slightly and opened her eyes. "Jared?" she asked. When she got no answer, she became more aware of her surroundings and sat up. The door was still closed and she could feel a slight breeze coming in from the balcony doors, which were now open. Why were they open? They were never open. Scared, she looked around and her eyes landed on a pair of amber eyes, not Jared's bright blue eyes.

Isabelle got up and ran towards the door, she didn't get far though as she was tackled down to the ground and a hand covered her mouth just as she was about to scream.

Isabelle struggled under trying to get him off, but that wasn't going to happen, he was to heavy and she was on her stomach, there was no way to get out of this one.

He stood up, bringing her up along with him, and just when she thought she was going to get away from him, she smelt something and faded away into darkness.

-

Jared raced up to his room as soon as he got home, hearing a commotion. "Please, don't let it be what I think it is!" he murmured to himself. Daniel was right behind him, worried about his sister also. As soon as he was in front of his door, he slammed the door open, looking around wildly.

It was his worst fear, Isabelle was gone.

Then he smelt another wolf in the room and he growled, it was that rouge. He could only imagine how Isabelle was doing. He stormed around the room, knocking things off dressers and breaking other things. After what seemed like forever, after throwing a chair he had in the room at the door, he sunk down on the floor, his energy all gone.

Looking up at Daniel he said, "we have to find her, and fast. I can't lose her."

"I know," Daniel said, "I already alerted the pack, don't worry."

"Don't tell me don't worry! My mate is gone and it's all my fault!" Jared yelled at him, "I should have told a guard to stay and watch her! Now she's gone because I didn't protect her like a mate should!"

"Calm dow-"

"Calm down!?" Jared yelled, "don't tell me to calm down. You know very well what this means, it's the start of the prophecy and there's nothing we can do now."

----------------------------------------

Yay! So two updates in one day! This is some kind of record for me. I've uploaded three chapters today, that is a record. Anyways, I think that the next chapter is going to be the last one. I decided that since I'll be eager to finish the book, I'll just keep May 5th as the due date for anyone who wants to do the cover contest. I also want help with the next book cover, but I don't know yet what I'm going to call it yet. So, what do you think?

Comment

Vote

Share