(3) INTJ X INFP

(Requested by Sky_Melody12)

INTJ (male) x INFP (female)

"You have got to be kidding me," Matthias grumbles under his breath, growing furious.

The 12th edition of Economic Development by Michael Todaro and Stephen Smith is apparently unavailable. Matthias knows that he absolutely reserved it.

"Oh no," Celine whispers under her breath. She reserved the same book, too.

Two completely different college students - one from the school of social sciences and the other from the school of science and engineering - apparently meet in such a strange way.

The assistant librarian looks over her glasses as she scrolls down the computer trying to find what went wrong. "So, you say that you both reserved a copy of the book?"

"Yes, ma'am."
"Ma'am, we apparently did."

The assistant librarian raises a brow at Matthias then clears her throat. "My feeling is that the both of you reserved the book at the same time, causing the system to maybe get confused - it may have glitched right as you reserved."

Matthias scoffs softly. "Then what can we do?"

"The system shows that there is one book left," the lady answers, "Perhaps you may want to share it."

The two students glance at each other then immediately shake their heads.

"No."
"No way."

The assistant librarian exhales deeply and takes off her glasses to pinch the bridge of her nose out of stress. "Look, I apologize for this inconvenience but this is what we can only afford to do. We have several copies of this book but a lot have borrowed them beforehand. If one of you could wait for 10 more days then I could place your name on the reservation list."

Celine frowns then turns her head to face the male student standing beside her. "I really need that book," she pleads.

"And I need that book, too," he replies, running his fingers through his hair. "Look," he starts, pitching in an idea, "maybe we can see who gets the book based on how much they need it? I assume that you need the book for a research paper?"

Fixing the strap of her bag on her shoulder, she stands straight and nods her head.

"Okay," Matthias continues then asks, "what is your research about, then?"

"Um, well, I'm working on a qualitative approach to study the divide of the rich and the poor of our country. I'm taking in certain variables such as income differences, workplace culture, livelihood-"

"Okay, I see," he cuts her off rudely. "I got the gist of your paper already."

"But I didn't even get to fini-"

He interrupts, again, "Mine is about a software I am planning to develop which aims to integrate the contributions of citizens, from different types of households, to sustainable development. I am following a mixed methods kind of research wherein we apply a sequential approach from a qualitative perspective to quantitative. Thus, I need the book...perhaps more than you," he finishes the last part in a soft voice.

But Celine heard it. And she is not happy with his snarky words.

"Are you looking down on my research?" She confronts him, hiding her growing frustration towards the guy.

"No!" Matthias waves a hand of dismissal at her and chuckles lightly. "All research is good. Yet, I believe that there must be..." he pauses, looking up as he thinks of the appropriate word to describe his feelings, "priority research."

Priority research? Is this guy for real? Celine cannot believe him.

She is such a procrastinator that she wants to start changing herself to be more productive. And this guy is not helping out at all!

She lets out a sharp sigh of disbelief then shakes her head, "Fine, fine! It's really okay! I understand that you need it more and it's petty to fight over a book." If the guy wants the book more, then she will let him have his way. And she really, really hates getting into a fight.

"Really?" Matthias asks, the corner of his lips twitching up. "Great that you understand."

"I'll find a free copy of this book online-"

"Woah, wait!" He exclaims and furrows his brows at her, "Did I hear you correctly? A free copy? I hope you're aware that part of our tuition is the library and the resources we can use here. Also, are you really going to let go of your integrity in order to have a copy of the book?"

Celine eyes widen with the sudden realization then she fixes herself. "...I-I'm sure the authors would understand if they ever find out that it's for a student's research paper. After all, this paper is all for the benefit of others."

Matthias chuckles ruefully then throws a look of bewilderment at her. "I can't believe you're doing this."

With pure confusion, Celine asks, "What am I doing?"

The guy does not answer her question, instead he says, "I guess I have no choice but to resort to this. I'll give you my number."

Celine takes a step back. "Why?"

"I want you to message me your class schedule. Let's uh...let's share the book, then. We will divide our time on it and..."

His words enter from one ear and go out through the next for Celine does not like how this is going. He expects her to work at a specific time? She does not function like that. She works on her own time especially since she likes to procrastinate.

Celine cannot believe this. How could one mishap lead to something complicated?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for requesting and waiting!

I hope you enjoyed it ♡ If you want a part 2, I can make one :) just tell me :)

Some positive traits of the INTJ: independent, visionary, global
Some positive traits of the INFP: original, altruistic, kind