(36) ENTJ X INFP

Ngl, this is one of my favorite tropes. I hope you will like it, too ♡

ENTJ (male) x INFP (female)

He didn't know how he was able to type down drunk texts with such eloquence and raw emotion.

Sure, there were a few mistypes – thankfully, autocorrect was there to save the day – but it's the mere fact that he had the desire to make his feelings known to someone he still cares deeply for.

This all happened after a week of finding out the new mission TSB made him prepare for.

The Summum Bonum. He has been with the organization for more than a decade and boasts a great track record. There was never a mission that he failed in. Agent Balliol knew how to finish the job fast.

Diligent and driven, he knew that he was supposed to lead in solitude if he were to continue this kind of life.

But sometimes…circumstances do not act the way they should.

During one of his paid vacation leaves, he fell deep and hard for one person who is so different yet understanding of him.

Misha. The neighbor next door. The one who would greet him in the morning from outside her small and quaint house where she would usually tend to the garden and her beloved seven-year-old tortoise, Cage.

He had no reason to talk to her or even care for her, but she would be unapologetically herself – going out of her way to make sure that he was okay or that he had something to eat.

One day, she gave him a two-month-old tortoise and Agent Balliol, or simply, Agim didn’t know how to take care of it. “I noticed that you live by yourself; I know the feeling. So I thought that a tortoise would be a good companion. D-Don’t worry! This is considered a low-maintenance pet, but I will be here to help you and get the stuff you’ll need to make sure that the tortoise would be comfortable.”

Agim was baffled and amused by the unusual gift. It’s not every day one receives a tortoise out of the blue. But if it were not for the tortoise and the time he and Misha would spend together at his house, the two would have not become friends which would eventually lead to a relationship.

His hands that would mercilessly shoot enemies down would be the same hands that would hold the person he grew to love so dearly.

Agim eventually would call the tortoise Waffle because of the shell and because he wanted to choose a cute name that Misha would love to say. The latter reason was never made known to Misha. Agim kept the secret to himself.

He loved her and he knew Misha felt the same way, but she was someone he could not be with in the long run. No, it would be cruel and selfish for him to keep her to himself. The nature of his life was never meant to be shared with another person.

He knew that when TSB would be calling him back, he would have to relocate again and cut off all ties he made in this place. He would have to take on a new identity and start anew. Before, it was always exciting for him to begin a quote-unquote new life in another place.

But this was different.

He wanted his new life to be with Misha. He wanted to begin living with her and of course their tortoises, Cage and Waffle.

Yet not everything one wants is always given.

TSB is strict and adheres to the contracts they present to their various agents. There are procedures to be done and agreements to fulfill before one could send in their resignation.

And so one night, he broke up with her. She was crying and he continued to hug her. It hurt him to the core that he couldn’t tell her what really was going on, that he was an agent who had to start a new mission, and that he had to relocate to keep her safe. He bit his tongue and fought back tears. Misha is the one hurting now, he thought. You shouldn’t be hurting. This is the life you decided to live. Stick to that decision and you’ll forget her in no time.