(7.2) INTJ X INTP

Part 2 of Tsubaki3698's request :)

INTJ (male) x INTP (female)

"This house believes that all drugs should be legalized." 

"We, the adjudicators, would like to congratulate the affirmative side for a good argument and rebuttals they have presented to everyone today.”

The representatives of Nayashi University stand and move towards the table across from them where the affirmative side, the students of Webford University, awaits. With her head held high, Mina makes her way to the boys and shakes their hands, congratulating them. When she reaches Nico, she pauses a bit in her step but does her best to hide her apprehension. 

“Nicodemus,” she offers her hand, “congratulations. You gave...a remarkable argument and kept the ball rolling throughout.”

Nico looks at her hand and grasps it slowly before giving it a firm shake, though the way his face looks does not bear the features one would have as a winner. “Amina…” he whispers, voice laced with worry. “I-”

Mina all of a sudden pulls her hand away and keeps her cold stance. “Why the long face? You have something to celebrate, Nicodemus. Keep your chin up.”

But he did not feel like celebrating at all. Winning a debate would usually bring such a euphoric feeling to Nico, but this one just does not cut up to it. Winning also means gaining the chance to piss off Mina and she really is pissed off but not for that reason. 

“Amina, we should talk-”

“Anne, Edith,” Mina suddenly cuts him off, turning to the left to face her teammates. “I hope you both won’t mind if I’ll take a breather outside.” And without waiting for them to reply, she storms off, going through the exit door of the auditorium. 

Nico, Anne, and Edith stare at the exit door and then each other for a moment, the three of them unsure of what just happened. 

“Oh, my. I-uh, I think-” Anne starts but Edith beats her to it.

“Nico, it’s best if you follow her.”

“Should I at least give her time to cool down?”

“Even if you do that you should still be with her,” Edith answers persistently. “One can still provide comfort through silence.” 

Anne then urges him, “Go. I’m sure Mina hasn’t reached that far outside yet.”

And without any second thought, Nico does give in to the girls’ words. He excuses himself from his own teammates and heads to the exit as well. 

It’s late in the afternoon already and the sun has started to set giving a certain kind of orange glow to the trees as students walk along the open corridors. Some are on their way to a different building for their next class, some are on their way home. Along with the trees, which the students like to call their ‘mini university forest’, there are benches where some like to sit and rest, basking under the sun. It’s at one of those benches where Nico eventually finds Mina sitting cross-legged with her lips set in a tight line and her eyes set downcast on the grass beneath her feet. Thankfully it did not take that long for him to find her.

Nico quietly walks up to her and she has not yet noticed his presence in front of her. “I had a feeling that you would be here.”

Mina looks up in alarm to find out who has started talking to her but immediately lets out a grunt to see that it’s just Nico. “Oh. It’s just you.”

“Amina, what’s wrong? You’re worrying me. You’ve been off throughout the whole debate.”

“Nothing is wrong with me, Nicodemus. Now leave me alone.”