(10) ISFP X INTP

(Requested by nyxnlilith)

ISFP (male) x INTP (female)

"Harris, I swear that there are elves here."

"Elves?" The man quirks an eyebrow at his co-teacher and close friend, Elena, who is busy going through the new stuff on her desk in the faculty room. Days ago, Elena shared with her co-teachers that it’s been getting hot since it’s the summer months already. And when she and Harris entered the faculty room early this morning, lo and behold, powdered juice packets she can mix with cold water and a small handheld battery-operated fan were wrapped together and placed on top of her desk. 

“You know,” Elena starts, fixing the batteries in the compartment of the fan, “it's just like the story of the elves and the shoemaker. These elves of mine, though, might be their cousins. This new stuff has been appearing on my desk for the past weeks.”

As much as Harris wants to burst out laughing, he forces himself to keep it in and instead, comments, “That’s preposterous, El. How could elves exist in this world? In the first place, you're not even a shoemaker. It must be someone in the department."

"So are you saying that a 'secret admirer' is a more plausible being than an elf?" 

Harris immediately whips his head to throw a bewildered look at the woman. "Did you hear yourself?" He asks, bemused. "Were you seriously asking that question?" 

"Please," Elena breathes out, "I believe that elves exist more than the possibility of having a secret admirer."

Harris shakes his head and sits behind his desk across from Elena's. "You're hanging out too much with grade-schoolers." 

"Says you," Elena fights back. "We're both teachers, Harris." 

“Yet I know how to differentiate between what’s real and not.”

Elena scoffs and pouts as she finally gets to switch on her new fan. Its blades go slowly in a circular motion and it builds up speed, bringing air to the woman who is holding the fan in front of her face. “I’ll leave you with whatever you want to believe. All I’m saying is, you must be fun at parties.”

The man shrugs his shoulders and cocks his head to the side. “I know you love me,” he utters as a joke.

“Yes, I do,” Elena acknowledges it, going along with his words. She takes a step forward and rustles the hair of her friend. “I hate how much I can’t hate you. See you at lunch later and don’t be late.” She waves her free hand at him as the other is still holding the fan and leaves the faculty room with her friend seated behind his desk with flaming cheeks. 

There are that close that it’s normal for them to say that they love each other. Of course, friends could say that they love each other, it’s a platonic kind of relationship. There’s nothing wrong with that. 

But for the past few months, the word ‘love’ is bringing different emotions to Harris and it is making him worry. Whenever Elena says that she loves him, it makes his heart race along with the eruption of butterflies in his stomach. His hands turn all clammy and his throat dries up. 

His feelings for Elena have changed. And it’s scaring him. 

He knows that if he doesn’t do anything about his feelings they will start to eat him up which may drive him crazy. Harris knows that he has to take action, but he, for the life of him, cannot push himself to act out immediately. 

Thus, the decision to pour out his love for Elena by doing secret deeds to help her. 

“Is she really serious with the elves?” he grumbles quietly under his breath. “My whole existence has been reduced to one of an elf’s?”