(19) INFP X INFP

Requested by adeadleaf

INFP (both female)

My first ever best friend one-shot! 🥳 nothing can go wrong with a best friend and plans of travelling to another country ♡
Feat. 'Best Friend' with Wendy and Seulgi from Red Velvet. Come on, who would not fall in love with this song and think of their best friend? Hahaha

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Irene was beyond excited to show her best friend a travel itinerary she had planned for their college graduation trip. “Okay,” she begins, all giddy, “try to guess which country, girl.”

“Wait, wait,” Lily utters, setting her lips into a tight line as she thinks hard. Perhaps thinking is not her strong suit anymore since she gave up easily and she has run out of all her brain cells when she had her final thesis presentation a week ago. “Um...can you at least tell me the continent?”

“Okay.” Irene brings out her phone and opens a picture of a continent found in her photo gallery. “Here..” She hands the phone to her best friend. 

“Asia?” Lily asks in disbelief upon seeing a picture of the map of the biggest continent in the world. “Ri, you really don’t expect me to guess a country from Asia??”

“Oh, come on, Li!” The other girl pushes her best friend by the shoulder playfully as they sit beside each other on Lily’s bed in their shared dorm room. 

“Do you really expect me to try and guess the country you’re planning we visit out of, I’m not sure, around 35 to 40 countries?”

Irene points a finger in the air as she says, “Correction, there are around 48 countries in Asia.”

Lily frowns then huffs, “I knew I should have not let you be in charge of planning our graduation trip. Ever since you started your minor in Asian Studies back in Junior year, you’ve been treating it as your major instead of your real major which is…”

“Development Studies,” they utter at the same time. 

Lily then arches her eyebrow at her. "See?" 

"Oh, come on, Li! Allow me to let us feel like the main characters of something! Think of it like...Monte Carlo vibes or Letters to Juliet vibes!" 

"But we’re not celebrities and we’re on a tight budget?" 

"Hey! Don’t think of those aspects!" Irene exclaims, "Maybe just like the main characters of those movies, we might find some people there that we would eventually fancy." 

"And what if that someone offers to buy us a drink?"

Altogether they then say, “We immediately say no.” They widened their eyes at each other in shock and burst out laughing, evidently amused with the similar answer they uttered at the same time. 

“You know what?” Lily then utters softly after their shared fit of laughter. She scoots a bit closer to her best friend and wraps an arm around her shoulder. “I don’t care where we’re going as long as it’s with you.” She smiles at Irene.

“Aw,” Irene coos. “Don’t say mushy things like that, Li!” She then loops her arms around Lily’s waist and leans on her shoulder. 

"I can't help it at times," Lily continues, “Also, my parents are allowing me to go out of the country only if you’re with me. So, I guess I really have to follow whatever you’re planning.”

“But you’re excited right?”

“Of course!” Lily replies, cocking her head to look at her. “I heard that in Macau, there’s The Parisian and The Venetian.” She closes her eyes then lets out a happy sigh. “I can now imagine us having breakfast together in front of the Eiffel Tower of Paris and then having lunch beside the gondolas of Venice, Italy.”

“Main character things?” Irene asks.

Lily’s eyes flutter open and nods her head, “Definitely main character things.”

Irene then squeals out loud and tightens her hold around her best friend’s waist, “Ah!! I’m so excited!! I can’t wait for graduation to happen!”

“J-Just don’t try to squeeze the life out of me before that happens!” Lily exclaims in a strained voice. 

“Oops!” Irene lets go and starts to titter. “You know that I can’t help myself sometimes.”

“And that’s why you’re my best friend. I need someone crazy like you in my life.”

“Crazily excited!” Irene adds. She then moves away, gently taking Lily’s arm away from her shoulder, to get on her feet. 

“And where are you going?” Lily looks up at her. 

“Come on, Li!” Irene looks back at her and grabs Lily’s hand. “Stand! It’s time to go through our closets and choose what we’ll be wearing on our trip!”

Lily breaks off into a soft chuckle but complies with her best friend’s request. She allows Irene to pull her up to her feet before playfully saying, “Ri, we better have matching outfits, or else I’m not going.”

“Oh my goodness, then we are not going to look inside our closets! Let’s go shopping!”

Lily’s eyes widen at that, the mere idea is thrilling. Shopping does sound like a great idea and it always goes well when she does it with her best friend. “Okay, wait Ri! Let me get my wallet!”

Sometimes, for these girls, it doesn't hurt to act as the main character in their own lives...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Macau holds a very special place in my heart, so I knew that I had to incorporate it somewhere in this book :)

Thank you for requesting and waiting!

I hope you enjoyed it ♡

Continue to stay safe and take care of yourselves, everyone!