(12) INTJ X ESTP

(Requested by meow4liv)

INTJ (male) x ESTP (female)

It was love at first sight for her. Upon joining the marketing team for the upcoming event that will be held in seven months, she immediately fell for their mysteriously charming team leader, Bill.

He's a tall man with broad shoulders and well-toned arms that look like they could carry her with ease. His fixed jet black hair always showed such order and professionalism exuding off him. And his smooth sonorous voice could make Carlotta swoon even if the topic of conversation for the team was about operations- or logistics-related.

But outside of work, the way he talks to her is something that she just cannot change about him. 

"What are you doing wasting your time again, Carlotta?" He grunts, throwing the woman standing in front of his desk a glance before mapping out the design board for their upcoming event. “You have some canvassing to do for potential floral providers.”

Carlotta gulps down a lump in her throat and fiddles with the hem of her blouse behind her back. "I-Um...I’m actually almost done with that-”

“Then why are you here? I don’t like that answer. Tell me when you’re finally done with it,” he huffs out, not hiding his growing annoyance for he knows that his team needs to get things done immediately and surely. Carlotta is a walking onset of a headache. She’s been sneaking small packs of gummy worms, his favorite snack, on his desk for the past weeks of working together. He knows that she likes him but he has no time to entertain such ideas of a relationship, so he turned her down in the third week and told her to look for someone else to like. 

“I won’t accept any of these,” he utters, handing her back all the packets of gummy worms she has been leaving on his desk. The woman reluctantly takes them from him, her heart falling as she does so. “Go back to work.”

And this is why Carlotta is back. She is going to redeem herself and backing down is not an option. “I’m here to offer you my company,” she replies.

“Carlotta, I already told you to find someone else.”

“Yeah, I know, but we can be friends.”

Bill pauses in his actions. Furrowing his eyebrows, his head flies up to throw the woman an incredulous look. “Excuse me?”

“And you’re excused,” she utters like the cheerful chirp of a bird. She flashes a smile at Bill, but he could only stare at her in disbelief.

“I...see,” he manages to sputter. He clears his throat and pushes himself off his desk to stand. His height towers over the woman but Carlotta does not deter. Instead, she smiles more widely at him. “And, uh, and why are you doing this?”

Carlotta nonchalantly shrugs and breaks off into soft chuckles. “I think that we can be friends. There’s nothing wrong with that. You look like someone who would be happy with my company."

Bill purses his lips then chuckles ruefully. "I don't have time for the company of a friend-"

"Well, I insist," she interjects. This time standing taller, finally gaining the confidence she needs. "Come on, Bill. Aside from being a great worker, I can be a good friend as well. You just have to let loose once in a while." 

Bill decided to not bring the topic any further and complied with what Carlotta wanted, but he found spending extra time with her a chore.

He never knew that the woman loved to drink different kinds of tea to pass time. When he was invited to join an Eastern tea ceremony in the morning and spent afternoon tea with her until dinner time, Bill never thought that his stomach would be full solely because of tea. Oolong and Jasmine tea in the morning, then Earl Grey and English Breakfast tea in the afternoon - the woman never had plans of stopping.