(27) ESTJ X INFP

Opposite types again! :)

ESTJ (male) x INFP (female)

“Are you prepared for her arrival?”
“I’m very excited to meet her! I hope she stops by my restaurant and eats the whole inventory for the day so that I won’t have to worry about other stuff!”
“What are you talking about? She’s going to be visiting all of our restaurants. Have you seen her YouTube videos? That petite body can even eat a whole cow in one sitting!”

Chico was beyond sick of hearing the village people raving over this woman from the city who was staying over for two months. You may ask, what is she going to do for the duration of two months? Well, she’s going to eat.

She’s famous because that’s what she does all day. She eats around 20 to 25 servings of different dishes and films herself for her subscribers to watch and, eventually, send money to her.

While there are other people who have to contribute a lot of their manual labor to earn the daily wage, that person, that eater, just has to sit and eat a lot before earning more than a week’s salary with just one uploaded YouTube video.

He has been carrying a crate filled with his fresh catch for the morning. Every person outside their houses, small restaurants, or other businesses he passed by was only talking about the famous mukbanger Dara.

Chico has more important things to do than focus his attention on new things happening on the island. What’s important is that his family is able to reach their weekly break-even and have enough profit from their small business.

Once he arrives at the backdoor of his family house, he takes his shoes off while still holding the crate. “I’m home!”

“I will be visiting your restaurant during my stay here! I’m excited to try your seafood specialties.”

“Oh, that is very nice of you, dear. Thank you for the gift!”

The voices are coming from the living room and Chico heard his mother reply to another person whose voice is not familiar to him. Suddenly, he becomes skeptical. They rarely have visitors at home, so who could she be talking to?

He leaves the crate on the floor and goes through the kitchen doorway to find his mother sitting beside a petite and young-looking woman on their small couch. Due to how small their ‘family’ couch is, one person’s knees are almost touching the other’s.

“Ma?” Chico says, gaining the attention of the two.

“Chico!” His mother exclaims and stands. “You’re home early from your dive!”

“I was able to catch more than usual,” he replies but his wary gaze is on the young woman who is pleasantly smiling at him from the couch. “Who, uh, who is this?”

“Oh! Don’t you remember our village’s special visitor?”

The young woman brings a hand before her mouth and the other she uses it to wave in dismissal. “No, ma’am,” she denies instantly, “I’m not a special visitor. I’m only staying here for two months and I want to know the residents here.”

Chico’s mother turns to her. “Dara, you are a special visitor! Everyone has been waiting for your arrival! Right, Chico?”

Chico freezes the moment he heard his mother say the woman’s name. “D-Dara?” He now regards the woman in a new light, finally placing a face to that name he has grown tired of hearing for the past weeks. “You’re the one who earns a lot of money by just eating?”

Dara immediately grows shy with his question. “I-I wouldn’t necessarily say that I’m earning a lot. What matters is that I am enjoying what I do and that is doing mukbangs.”