(9) INTJ X INFJ

(Requested by RoussaneAshraf)

INTJ (male) x INFJ (female)

Axton’s knee wouldn’t stop shaking as he takes note of the time displayed on his wristwatch for the nth time. 

It's been 15 minutes past the time he was supposed to meet with his friend, Dalia, at their favorite cafe. And it’s bugging him that she’s not yet here. Of course, it’s normal for Dalia to squeeze in a lot of things in her schedule to the point that different events start to overlap. When they were still college students, she was known to either be overscheduled with tons of stuff or have nothing in her schedule thus fall into a series of messiness and procrastination. It’s never in between. 

At first, Axton never saw productivity in Dalia’s ways. A schedule is always there to be followed and it should be always filled up with just the right amount of activities. But he saw how she always enjoyed filling up her schedule with fundraising events, visits to the sick, area immersions, and things that pertained to giving service to others. Dalia, or how Axton likes to call her, Lia may be quiet most of the time, choosing to stay with her own thoughts when around people, but she still finds the joy in helping others. It's weird yet intriguing. And Axton's curiosity got the best of him which ultimately led them to become friends even until now. 

When he started medical school, Lia also started taking up her Master’s in Clinical Psychology. Now that she is a registered psychologist and while Axton is finishing his residency, they both still find time to see each other even if it may have to be short. 

A cup of black coffee with two packets of sugar placed on a saucer is suddenly placed in front of the man breaking him out of his thoughts. Axton looks up to see the owner of the cafe place it there. “What’s up, Doc?” he asks, smirking at the customer.

Axton chuckles and nods his head in thanks. “Haha, very funny, Fares” he mutters and opens one packet of sugar before dunking its contents in the hot coffee. 

Fares stands straight and looks at the door before facing his customer again. “You’re waiting for your lady friend?”

“Lia must be running late again.”

“Well, if I were you,” Fares starts, placing a hand beneath his chin as he thinks, “I would actually just leave then.”

Axton furrows his eyebrows and throws the other man an incredulous look. “What? Why would I do that?”

“You’re a busy man!” he answers, “A doctor finishing his residency! I’m sure that you don’t have that many breaks and you’re wasting your time waiting for someone-”

“Well, she’s my friend,” Axton cuts him off, still in disbelief with the ridiculous idea Fares is telling him. “I made time to see her and I’m sticking with whatever I planned for today.”

Fares nods in assent and tilts his head as he shrugs nonchalantly. “Okay, I see, I see. Hm, that’s a lot of effort for a friend.”

“Of course, she’s special to me-”

“Oh, so she’s someone special to you now? A second ago you were saying that she’s just a friend,” Fares says, his tone of voice hinting at his teasing.

“I-No, I mean, yes. W-Well, n-not really! How...how could I-I tell?” Axton stammers his way into finding a way to reply as Fares continues to knowingly smirk down at him. 

The door to the cafe then opens and a woman panting for air rushes inside exclaiming, “Ax! I’m so, so sorry I’m late!”

Axton breathes out a deep sigh of relief, happy to know that Lia is finally here, and Fares takes it as his cue to leave. Well, he leaves with some last words. “Food for thought, Doc,” he whispers and goes back to his post behind the counter.