(11) ENTJ X INTP

(Requested by IDCBoutNothing119)

ENTJ (male) x INTP (female)

"Guess who's out there again," Fares announces cheerfully as he enters the small office located at the back of the cafe he owns.

Oriane, his wife, twists her body to the side while seated on her office chair and looks up at her husband, noticing the mischievous glint in his eyes. “Let me guess...What’s up, Doc?” She says, trying to imitate the voice of Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes.

Fares snaps his fingers and points at her. “You got it, love!” 

Oriane chuckles under her breath and shakes her head as she goes back to looking at the computer screen in front of her. “You should leave him alone and stop playing matchmaker to get him together with Dalia.”

“No, no, Ori, you need to hear me out!” Fares grabs a free chair from the side and pulls it toward him to take a seat beside his wife. “I think my plan worked this time.”

The woman groans and throws him a tired look. "Didn't I tell you to let them figure out their feelings for each other on their own?"

Fares takes hold of Oriane's hand and squeezes it gently. “Again, hear me out and let me explain first, Ori. It’s so frustrating to see the two of them talk for the past few months without any...action happening! I made the doctor realize something about his feelings for her and the rest is all up to them."

"Fares-" 

"Hmm,” Fares hums in satisfaction, not minding how Oriane is almost at the limit of her patience with his nosiness. “Being smart does pay off with matchmaking.”

Oriane suddenly exclaims, bringing the man’s attention back to her, “Fares! I don’t like it when you play as fate and make it your call to pave a path for the both of them.” She huffs out a breath and faces the other way, not in the mood to get into the same level of energy her husband has currently. 

He has always been like this ever since they first met. At first, Oriane hated him with a passion and she found him cocky along with embodying too much of the ‘savior complex’. 

Yet hate always finds a way to turn into love. Oriane was never apathetic towards Fares because she knew that deep down she found him charming, smart, courageous - any of the good adjectives in the English language could describe that man. Oriane hated herself for succumbing to such mortal desires and impulses. 

She made sure to keep her feelings intact for she could go on with life without him ever knowing about her true intentions, but they suddenly became close as friends and it hurt the girl a lot. Fares also sent a lot of mixed signals which Oriane found as a waste of time to decode each and every single word and action. For a smart man like him, he was such a dumbass for making her get confused all the time. 

Fares sighs quietly and breaks off into a small smile as his other hand reaches over to cup Oriane’s cheek and gently moves her to gaze at him again. “I understand your apprehension,” he starts off slowly, tracing the apple of her cheeks that usually pop out all the more when Oriane smiles. “Remember that it took me a year and a half to finally tell you how I feel about you? And I know that you remember this, but what was your reaction again?”

Oriane pouts and sets her eyes downcast, recalling the night Fares suddenly confessed his feelings which ultimately caused her heart to seek calm amidst the turmoil. Though, that man did take his damn sweet time to finally tell her.

“I got mad,” she admits under her breath.

“What? I can’t hear you.” Oriane could hear the growing smirk in her husband’s voice.