(25) ENTJ X INTP

Requested by OPVixen_

It's my first time writing anything related to the mafia HAHA and I never even read any mafia books (romance or whatnot), so I'm nervous with this one. I hope y'all like it!

ENTJ (male) x INTP (female)

Catalina has always been an observant person. Being the fourth child out of seven, she is the epitome of a middle child - one that is the most forgotten by the family.

But not hers. She's glad she's smart and she's glad that she's careful with her surroundings. She managed to best her siblings growing up and all her work has paid off. Before her parents' death, she was appointed to be in charge of operations for their family business.

That's her day job.

She's got a ton of side hustles. Ones that have to be kept secret.

Of course, being a daughter of one of the most influential families in the underground business of the country forces her to live with a lot of secrets. Though, the upside is that it's a life full of grandeur and unlimited wealth.

One can never have anything, but Catalina would choose this kind of life over anything else.

She's currently attending a black-tie gala being hosted by one of her relatives (also in the same underground business as them) and has turned her attention away from the string quartet performance happening on the small stage placed in the middle. She managed to greet almost everyone in the wide grandiose hall when the gala started. It was tiring to be well-known, but still, she won't have it any other way.

The finest things of life are on display to add emphasis to her family's affluence and power. Although she is currently sitting alone at her table, enjoying the final drops of her sparkling wine, she's not afraid to let her guard down because she's aware that she's constantly being watched by security guards. That's how important of a person she is.

A butler approaches her table. "Miss Catalina?" He asks, "Would you like another refill of your sparkling wine?"

"No," she answers without any hesitation. She places her empty glass on the tray the butler is carrying with him. "I'd like a Scotch whisky. Neat."

"Of course, Miss Catalina." The butler then leaves immediately to prepare her new drink.

While waiting, Catalina decides to continue people-watching, a hobby of hers that gives a lot of benefits. People are not aware that she would know more about them than what they lead her on.

That's the power of being a silent observer.

So when there is someone that she does not recognize, such a person would stick out like a sore thumb. And speaking of them, Catalina instantly notices one man stand out from the crowd of people standing by the makeshift bar lined with the most expensive liquors and spirits in the world. He is talking with a small group of men while holding a glass of alcohol with him.

She continues to stealthily watch him. It's weird...she knows that it's her first time seeing that man, but there is another part of her that says otherwise.

It's not your first time. It's not your first time seeing him. The voice at the back of her head wouldn't stop repeating and it was creeping up on her because, for the first time, she can't seem to remember any previous interaction with that man.

Yet...there is something so alluring about mysterious men in places that she has grown accustomed to.

He cocks his head to the side showing more of his face from Catalina's angle. Her breath catches in her throat.