(14) ESTP X ISTJ

(Requested by 13davidwesti)

ESTP (male) x ISTJ (female)

“Ahhh!” Amelia, a third-year health sciences student, screams into her textbook all alone in her dorm room. Preparing for the semester finals is always something that stresses the heck out of her. 

Of course, there is this added pressure to make sure that her scholarship stays intact and the only way to ensure that it stays is if she maintains her high grades. 

She drops her textbook back on the desk in front of her and heaves out a long and deep sigh. "Okay, okay," she murmurs, closing her eyes, "I only have 13 chapters to go through and I've finished going through seven already...the final exam for this subject is in three days. I can do another two tonight and four tomorrow. This gives me two days for reviewing…" Her eyes flutter open and she purses her lips. I can do this. Come on, Ames, you can get this done and answer the exam well! 

Her phone, lying at the edge of her desk then vibrates twice, meaning that she received an email. Nonchalantly, she reaches over and takes her phone, assuming that it’s just a normal email maybe regarding her org or a promotion. But it proves her wrong when her jaw drops and she has to read the email all over again. 

“No, no, no,” she whines, going through the email sent to the class from their professor which states that there are two more chapters added to their exam pointers. “Oh no!” she groans out loud and places her phone down before propping both her elbows on the desk for her to bury her head in her hands. “How am I supposed to make time now? I had my schedule all thought out and now I have to study two more-- ahh!!” She could not continue as anger and frustration overcame her very being. 

Her phone then vibrates again and she moves to grab it. This time, it’s a text from her close friend, fellow dormer, and coursemate, Daichi. 

Hey, the text read, did you also get the email?

Without any hesitation, she taps on the phone symbol beside his name and brings the phone to her ear as it rings on the other side. 

Ames?” Daichi utters upon answering the phone.

“Daichi, I hate it! I hate it!”

Woah, Woah, Ames, try to calm down. Okay?” His gentle and deep voice tries to placate her. 

She exclaims, “How can I calm down? Daichi, you out of all people know that I do not like it when things do not follow through with my plans! I need to make sure that I get that high score! This is jeopardizing my scholarship, I swear.”

Ames,” he utters softly, trying to calm her down again, “I know that you made a schedule and everything, but I want you to relax first. Will that be alright with you?”

Amelia pursed her lips before breathing out this heavy sigh. “Yeah,” she mutters, “yeah, I can calm down.” She sets her phone down and places it in speaker mode. 

That’s good.” Daichi’s voice reverberates along the walls of her solo room. “I know it’s a huge shock. Frankly, I’m shocked as well. I didn't even expect a call from you. Usually, you just text.”

She mumbles incoherently under her breath then replies, “You could say that I was...frustrated to think any further. Sorry...did I interrupt you? I hope your roommates did not hear me scream into your ear.”

Daichi softly laughs at that, prompting Amelia to break into a small smile. “You should be thankful that my roommates are out drinking while I’m stuck here studying. This is what I get for choosing a hard course. Sometimes I see how lucky you are to stay in a room all to yourself.”

“Yet, we know that you won’t last a whole day without human interaction,” Amelia points out quietly, feeling a bit better by the second she spends talking with her friend. 

Yeah, I’m not like you, Ames.” 

Amelia giggles and shakes her head. “That’s just how you and I roll individually,” she utters playfully. 

Hey, I hear you smiling again,” Daichi says in a singsong. Amelia smiles wider with his comment. He always found a way to say that. She first found it ridiculous for him to say that he could hear someone smile, but she grew knowing that it’s all just part of his charm. When she would get all stressed out or fed up with schoolwork, Daichi always made sure to make her smile again and say that exact line. 

“I actually feel a bit better now,” Amelia truthfully tells him. 

Glad to be of service, as usual,” He laughs. “You’re going to study until late at night, right?”

“Yes,” she answers, “you, too?”

Mhm,” Daichi hums then asks, “You won’t mind me asking if you’re up to studying together? I’m sure there’s extra space in the shared study room and it does stay open for 24 hours. Though, you can always say no if you’re not up to seeing anyone tonight. I know that you need to recharge your social battery-”

“Oh, I won’t mind,” Amelia interrupts him, biting down her bottom lip as a huge grin threatens to form on her face.

“...Great,” he breathed out and Amelia swore that she heard his smile. Maybe this is what he meant when he said that you can hear someone smile. Amelia feels that she gets it now. “I’ll see you in five minutes at the lobby?”

“Yeah, just give me time to put on a jacket and gather all my study materials. I’ll hang up now-”

Oh, wait!” He exclaims into the phone and Amelia stops moving as she hears him. “Before you end the call, I just want to say something I think I won’t really get the courage to say in front of you.”

The girl cocks her head to the side, curiosity filling her mind. “And what would that be?”

She hears him gather in a deep breath and exhale it before whispering, “No need to panic or feel stressed out with the extra chapters we need to study. I’m sure you’re going to do great, my Amelia.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked this ♡

Thank you so much for waiting and requesting!

Some positive traits of ESTP: adventurous, energetic, and bold

Some positive traits of ISTJ: self-sufficient, orderly, and practical

Also to those who are reading this, starting June 2, I decided to not accept requests that are commented in different chapters. I will only be accepting those commented in the REQUEST HERE chapter :) I am doing this in order for me to have an organized list of requests since I get really confused when they are found in different chapters. I hope you would understand :)