Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.35

Using her sleeves she wipes her tear stained face, " Do you think you can leave me so easily Zheng Yong? You are mine! And she, that wrench can't have you! You want her don't you? Too bad she'll be dead soon. You'll come running back to me sooner or later-" she laughs evilly her face contorts displaying her true persona, "Don't you know Zheng Yong? If I can't have you no one can!-"

"Yum?-" she lifts attentive, "Yes miss?-"

"Help me back inside," Wei Fai gripped her dirtied handkerchief whilst Yum assisted her weight.

Cheng Bi Yu's feet were swollen from the long walk to the palace, "..Poppy will you not appear?-"

[[............]]

'It seems I can only relay on myself at this time' Cheng Bi Yu bit her lip.

Upon arriving Zheng Yong rushes into the palace requesting to see the Emperor at once, "..What brings you here my boy?" Emperor Zheng Rui Yon leisurely flips through a book.

Zheng Yong falls to his knees, "I did not come here for a casual visit-" The Emperor nods, "You make it a habit not to come to the palace so of course I know this isn't the time for small chats. I know why you're here,"

He puts the book aside, "Does this sudden visit have to do with your Advisor?-" Emperor Zheng Rui Yon straightened.

Zheng Yong immediately lifts his head, "So you know. Uncle I have a request-" he exclaims, "Release her-"

The Emperor who just straightened leans back his face stern "...You know I can't do that she has committed a crime punishable by death,"

Zheng Yong furrows his brows, "What do you mean you can't," agitated he raises his voice, "You are the Emperor! You are the law!-"

"It's not as simple as it looks-" Emperor Zheng Rui Yon exhaled, "-An example has to be made or the laws won't be taken seriously,"

"..Please let her go I request you," The prideful Zheng Yong lowers his head even further as he knelt lower, "I'm begging you,"

Emperor Zheng Rui Yon arched his brows curiously he leaned in his hand,"..Why do you lower yourself for a woman? This woman in particular?-"

"Because I love her-" Zheng Yong confessed shock was apparent on the Emperor's face.

Emperor Zheng Rui Yon lifts his head,
"Because you love her? You don't think she'll be let go because of love do you?-"

"On the memories of my dead father, your brother who fought your wars, Let her go-" Zheng Yong deliberately brought up a swore topic, this was the first time in fifteen years Zheng Yong has ever brought up his father the Emperor was taken aback and once again overwhelmed with guilt.

Emperor Rui Yon slaps his throne rail,
"Very well then. There's a way you can save her. You'll just have to marry her that's the only way she'll survive once you take up your post as Duke of Mo Shu that is,"

The Emperor specifically adds, "But if you marry her she'll be your concubine as you are to wed Wei Fai soon,"

Zheng Yong entire being boiled,
"I will not marry such a woman she disgusts me!-"

Emperor Zheng Rui Yon pressed, "Even so your engagement has long been set and you know that Wei Fai is the niece of my friend,"

Zheng Yong scoffs irritated, "I very well know she's the niece of that man and as I said long ago when this engagement was set I will not marry such a woman," then wholeheartedly declares, "..I will only take Mu Lan as my wife in this lifetime,"

The Emperor rested his hands on his throne, "..No one has ever married one woman in our society the average man has a wife and at least three concubines. I've already bent the rules granting you your wish so why not just marry both?.." He then relates an ultimatum, "If you want Mu Lan you'll have to marry Wei Fai,"