Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.25

"..Stay put we're coming," Zheng Yong and Zhou Tong hands rummaged the brick walls seeking an opening the wall slightly crumbled they had been able to get in.

Zheng Yong scrunched up his nose at the overtly foul stench, "Who are all these people?!-" he questions eyeing the pile up Cheng Bi Yu stoops examining a close by body this person's throat had been slit she exclaimed, "..The blood here is oddly fresh it seems these men were killed not too long ago noting the snail paced decomposition I'd say they've been dead for less than an hour,"

Examining their ragged clothing closely Cheng Bi Yu concludes, "I think these men may have been miners-"

"..But how can we be sure? We have miners but no signs of a mine, don't you think your theory might be off?-"  Zheng Yong voiced skeptic but right did you have leverage to prove these dead men were actually miners?

Cheng Bi Yu proclaimed, "..I'm positive they're deceased miners-" Zheng Yong creased his brows making a hypothesis, "Let's say they are miners, where is the mine? Why were they killed?" He questions but concludes  if it was indeed true this could be the link he had solemnly searched for the depths for.

Observing the body further Cheng Bi Yu tilts it's neck she's astonished at the familiar marking, "..Is there something wrong Advisor Tang?" Zheng Yong asked a witness to her bewildered expression.

Cheng Bi Yu stood to her feet she slightly turned her head but that wasn't enough to ward off Zheng Yong's suspicion.

In the corner of her eyes Cheng Bi Yu spotted a lever attached to the wall upon reaching it, "..What's this?" She
says out of curiosity her fingers curled around the object pulling it which caused the ground the ripple beneath, "Oops!-"

The three braced themselves trying not to tumble Zheng Yong glared in her direction, "I thought I told you not to touch anything!-" he shouts  through gritted teeth, "..My bad!-" she awkwardly rubs the back of her neck.
"..Humph,  at a moment like this Magistrate Zheng still has the guts to scold-" she silently muttered unbeknownst to her Zheng Yong pick up every word her comment angered him more.

The tremor had stopped but Cheng Bi Yu sensed strange movements below her, "..Look out!-" Zhou Tong had grabbed Cheng Bi Yu by her upper arm preventing her from falling through the floor, " You okay Ying Jie?" She clutched her chest, "Phew!-" composed she faced Zhou Tong, "..Thanks for the save!-" she directs his previous question back to him, "..Are you alright?-" Zhou Tong nods, "Un."

"..That's good," Cheng Bi Yu turned Zheng Yong clears his throat drawing their attentions, "..It's good that we're all not dead due to someone's sticky fingers," he deliberately glances at Cheng Bi Yu,  "..But could we put that aside and acknowledge the elephant in the room?-" the ground had opened up revealing a hidden underground tunnel.

"..We should quickly check it out-" Cheng Bi Yu pressed ahead ready to board the ladder down and lead the exploration but was tugged backwards,"I think it's wise if I go first incase we encounter any dangers," Zhou Tong suggested.

Cheng Bi Yu rejects,  "I'll go I was the one who found this place it's fit that I go first," she proceeds ahead her actions was once again interrupted.

"Stop!-" Zheng Yong rushed, "..Zhou Tong you go first we'll follow behind,"
Cheng Bi Yu readily protested shooting out points as if she was on trail, "..Do you wish to disobey my order once again?-" the temperature in the room dropped to zero degrees.

Defeated Cheng Bi Yu backed down grunting she follows behind the stretch of the mine seemed to go on and on for miles wooden crates lined off the track empty no signs of real gold but they did locate an abundance of fakes.

Collecting little evidence they proceeded to leave noticing strange men approaching they swiftly ducked in some bushes. Cheng Bi Yu rested against Zheng Yong  due to the fact that he had grabbed her Zhou Tong hid behind a boulder not far from them they watched the men every action.s.