Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.15

Cheng Bi Yu froze her hands automatically moved to her right ear touching the dangling jewel her eyes bulged, "..T-this y-you see it is—" she nervously stuttered tugging the earring from her ear

Zhou Tong focused his gaze ahead. Cheng Bi Yu proceeds, "..You see this was a gift. Yes! A gift from one of my admirers—"

"...You mean from Miss Hong?-" Zheng Yong eyes narrowed his tone bored Cheng Bi Yu caught his stare she mumbles shuttering, "..Why is Miss Hong being mentioned?-" she creased her brows.

Zheng Yong stares exclaiming , "—A gift from your admirer, do you normally wear girly gifts like this from your admirer?—" he pressed rubbing his chin, "..You know that earring looks awfully familiar-" his gaze slanted, "..You mind if I get a closer look?-"

Cheng Bi Yu instantly hid her clutched palm behind her back, "..I do mind!-" she became defensive Zhou Tong stepped back sensing the hostility,
he churned, "..This earring I think I recognize it. It belongs to Tang Mu Lan doesn't it?-"

Zheng Yong suspiciously narrowed his eyes, "..Your sister is your admirer?-" he weirdly furrowed his brows, "...No-" Cheng Bi Yu bluntly denied, "..Officer Zhou must be confused. I think we're all confused here-"

An awkward atmosphere formed around them Cheng Bi Yu flustered by the attention, "...Are you alright?-" Zheng Yong perched his nose, "No! Yes! I mean maybe-" she rambled tucking the earring into her robe.

Zheng Yong momentarily interjects witnessing Cheng Bi Yu embarrassed demeanor he clears his throat his clear eyes focused on her face, "..There's no need to be flustered Tang Ying Jie we men have a share of admirers your handsome besides there's no Jiang Court rule baring romance." He pressed, "..My advice reframe from wearing such feminine items or I'm afraid people might misunderstand you for a cut sleeve—"

Cheng Bi Yu nods,"..Understood Magistrate Zheng great thanks for your fruitful advice-" Zheng Yong proceeds ahead Cheng Bi Yu sighed chewing her lips, "..That was close. You're really lucky Cheng Bi Yu-" she mumbles silently rubbing her chest.

Zheng Yong proceeds to inform them upon entering his study he straightened facing them, "..We have a situation his Majesty the Emperor has sent an edict-" he explained, "-It states that if we fail to solve the homicides and recover the stolen gold his Majesty will appoint Magistrate Ping to oversee our progress-"

Zheng Yong stressed, "-If we don't want that to happen we need to press on and work even harder to solve these mysteries—"

Cheng Bi Yu drifted communicating with the system, "-Poppy get me information on this Magistrate Ping. I don't like surprises I want to be prepared..."

[[System loading.....]]

[[Magistrate Ping Ya Lin, his Majesty's longtime friend and trusted subordinate. He has a ratio of eight wives; two main wives and six concubines.

He has four De children equally leveled between his main wives and has nine Shu children. Two of his Shu daughters are the Emperor's concubines and his two De sons are Court Officials]]

"..Is that it?!-" Cheng Bi Yu clicked her tongue dissatisfied, "..I should've known you'd only reel me a inch-" she exhales, "..I'll have to figure the rest out myself. Thanks anyways-"

[[As always a pleasure to help Host out]]

Cheng Bi Yu cut her communications with the system, "..Tang Ying Jie?!-" Cheng Bi Yu jolts, "Huh!-" she blurts glued in place by Zheng Yong dark expression, "..Work hard-"

"Un, Sir!-" she stiffened saluting, "..We won't let you down-" Witnessing the determination drilled in her expression Zheng Yong dark expression lightened so much so the infamous poker face Magistrate almost cracked a smile but refrained such actions.