Prologue

Cheng Bi Yu is the eldest and only daughter of the Cheng Manor born to Cheng Er Kang and Cheng Wei Bao, who are both from prestigious families, who's marriages are based on political circumstances

The two were esthetic, well maybe Cheng Er Kang, when they were expecting their firstborn. But were unexpectedly surprised six months into the pregnancy, at the fact instead of a son they had been expecting a baby girl, this had angered, Cheng Wei Bao who had wanted a son to carry on the familiar lineage.

Despite her husband's ignorance and unwillingness nature to acknowledge the child, Madam Cheng showered her daughter with all her love, just at the border of overbearing.

About a few years later, after Cheng Bi Yu's 7th birthday, the Cheng couple decided to try again. Maybe this time, they could bore a son Cheng Wei Bao hoped, but his efforts were in vain, Cheng Er Kang, who had gotten pregnant once again, lost the baby after six months.

That miscarriage had ruptured Cheng Er Kang's uterus, and after the surgery, she was informed she couldn't get pregnant again. Cheng Er Kang, who was devastated at the loss of her son, shut herself away from the world behind the mansion walls.

It took her about two years to recover  from her depression with her medications, doctor checkups, and monthly therapy sessions. But it could never mend her ruptured heart.

The suggestion of adoption was a sore subject. Both their families didn't believe in such a thing, so that was out of the question.

So, from an early age, Cheng Bi Yu became the sole heir of the Cheng Dynasty Hotel Chain. Becoming the face means her everyday life was, just that—scripted; who'd  she'd play with, which schools she went, who'd she'd be friends with, how she'd act.

Now twelve years later, a still fresh-faced Cheng Bi Yu is now nineteen, and her longstanding  engagement to the Lin family's heir Lin Jiang Yu is highly publicized. Cheng Bi Yu and Lin Jiang Yu had been childhood friends, so it was easy to announce their engagement with them both being from high ranked families. They were a perfect match—designed for each other.

Cheng Bi Yu sat by her vanity brushing her long silky black hair when she received a text from an anonymous number which was a picture of her Father and loving dainty Aunt kissing with a text attached which read 'A gift from xxxxxshag. Seeing is believing. Do you believe it?'

Cheng Bi Yu was so shocked she dropped her phone practically  shattering the screen. 'This must be fake. It couldn't be Father wouldn't do this to Mother. Never!-' she frantically  thought.

At lightening speed she rushed towards her father's office itching to ask about what she had gotten on her phone, stopping just outside the door, she reached for the silver handle, then proceeded to slightly crack open the door, her hand froze as she overheard her father's conversation.

"Dear, when are you going to get rid of that old-fashioned distasteful mother and daughter duo? They have become an eyesore to me-" her Aunt Xiao Chang Chang said, continuing to message her father's shoulders. He then held her delicate hand and pulled her in his lap "Chang Chang, I will do it in due time and our precious daughter Cheng Xi Hua will be Cheng family's only heir—" the disgusting man then pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

Cheng Bi Yu covered her mouth to muffle her cries. Tormented in both her heart and mind, she fled the manor without second thoughts running to the place that felt like her second home, hoping to unapologetically run into the arms of her childhood sweetheart, and inherit his warmth as well as his sympathy. Lin Jiang Yu, knowing the person he was there was no doubt he would be on her side.

Hopping in her car, the teary-eyed Cheng Bi Yu drove one hour and a half to her childhood lover's lavish condo. Pulling into the driveway, she flung off her seatbelt. Outside, she hastily walks up to the door whilst the cold wind brushes against her face. She knocked quite eagerly in manner, because of her earlier shock she had forgotten the keys he had gifted her.

But that did not seem to be an issue as surprisingly the door was open, it was strange, and fairly odd, knowing what a careful person Lin Jiang Yu was, it was awfully unlikely he would leave his door opened like that, giving easy access.

Cheng Bi Yu pushes open the door to be immediately greeted with scraps of clothes scattered on the floor, "Strange..." she mouths. She bends
merely picking up a loose, small-sized purple blouse with her index figure, her nose scrunched at the scent of cheap perfume, which made her nauseous.

Hearing muffled sounds coming from Lin Jiang Yu's bedroom, she drops the blouse. Her footsteps were not rushed. Instead, it was rigid as if she was scared to step any further, terrified by what she might see. Hesitant, her sweaty hand remained still on the doorknob. With a sigh, she turned it eerily, pushing open the door.

Two bodies were connected in bed, well they were rather intertwined like a pretzel. Lin Jiang Yu caught in the act paused his passionate movements to look behind him it seemed seeing Cheng Bi Yu left a sour taste in his mouth. He wasn't even spooked that his fiance found him in bed, "Oh, Cheng Bi Yu, it's you.." His black marble eyes penetrated his fiance with utter annoyance, "What are you doing here?!" He questioned, bored his tone dripping ice, which left Cheng Bi Yu undoubtedly shocked.

Lin Jiang Yu have never spoken to her like this before he was always sweet, never harsh, but he was a completely different person now. "Jiang Yu I...." Cheng Bi Yu voice trembled. How could her brain manage one shock after another?

A slender, delicate white hand wrapped around Lin Jiang Yu's waist making him turn back to the soft angel cushioned underneath him. "Brother Jiang Yu. How can you speak to sister Bi Yu like this?!" Cheng Chen Hua then pushed the man off her, wrapping the bedsheet over her small frame. She stood up from the bed.

"Sister Bi Yu, please forgive me and Brother Jiang Yu, but sister, we love each other, and this is how we express our love. Please forgive me, sister. I'm sorry—" Cheng Chen Hua pitifully exclaimed, bringing her small hand to her face and starting her water works.

Cheng Chen Hua's secretly snickered since young she had pulled this stunt. No one could resist her pitiful stance, and her dear sister was always at the end of the brunt stick of people's blame for her mood.

Lin Jiang Yu eyes glared at Cheng Bi Yu scornfully before going to hug his  'little flower' Cheng Chen Hua. He then soothed Cheng Chen Hua wiping away her purified  tears, "You don't cry there's nothing for you to apologise for, " Lin Jiang Yu gently shook her shoulders declaring "I love you Cheng Chen Hua. I love you only you!.."

Cheng Chen Hua cheeks become a bashful red as she is his pulled flush against his chest she confesses, "I love you too, Brother Jiang Yu...." she then looked at Cheng Bi Yu at a side glance, her glass doll river-blue eyes holding victory.

Cheng Bi Yu fiercely stormed out of the room running from the apartment. She jumps in her car pressing the gas she drives without a destination her mind clouded with betrayal her heart aching, salty tears clouding her vision, she wipes away her tear with her sleeve, "Don't cry," she rips off the butterfly pendent around her neck, "Those bastards!"

"Mom. I gotta call mom," she reached in the dashboard for the spare phone she kept in case of emergencies, the phone falls, "Crap!" She took her eyes off the road for a split second as she picked up the phone. Looking back up, she gawked her bloodshot eyes bulging as she was seconds away from crashing into a deer.

Cheng Bi Yu swerved the car, avoiding the deer. Unfortunately, she crashed into a light pole. The seatbelt had snapped, sending her flying through the windshield.

Cheng Bi Yu moaned in agony as her entire body ached as she laid paralyzed flat on her stomach blood coming from her mouth. She desperately gasped for air, and the deer, unharmed, walked over to her. It was gigantic. It's even more gigantic black orbs eyed her curiously.

Cheng Bi Yu dryly laughs at her predicament, "Looks like I'm destined to die today. You win fate! YOU WIN!-" the deer tilts it's head.

"Goodbye, Mr. Deer," she whispered, her vision becoming less prominent, but before she went out, she cursed, "Curse you fate!" Then added another, "Curse you, Mr. Deer and your ancestors!" On her last breath, she vowed, "I'll get them all!-" Everything  went black, and her limp body lay on the road unnoticed until the next day. Passerby stumbled upon her body.

Breaking new!
News anchor Bia Jin reports, " Ms. Cheng Bi Yu heir to the Cheng Group has been found dead today! Reports have it to be a drunken car accident," she flipped her file, "Further details later tonight,"