Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.12

Cheng Bi Yu gulps but before she could even get a word out Zhou Tong impatient blurted out, "..Advisor you would never believe who we saw today! A woman she looked so identical to you it shocked us!-" his expression changed to display the earlier one today so she got the drift of how shocked he was.

Cheng Bi Yu bit her bottom lip, "—Well that's because— that's because-" Cheng Bi Yu was interrupted as Zheng Yong interjected with his arms folded behind his back he informs, "..Meet me in my study we have much important things to discuss," he then waltz off Zhou Tong following behind.

Letting out a sigh of ultimate relief Cheng Bi Yu signals to Mei-Liang to fetch the pouch she carried along on their rendezvous earlier today. Playfully tossing the pouch in her palm she heads straight over to Zheng Yong's study with no time to spare.

Seeing that she was now present Zheng Yong spoke, "..Earlier Officer Zhou and I had gone to Le Forte to gather some information to possibly confirm what the informant had said, we talked to the owner, Tao Lin for a good while before we left he's a stubby arrogant old man who denied all the claims lying like there was no tomorrow but we didn't collect any evidences," he explained.

"..I have evidence-" Cheng Bi Yu stated coming forward she reaches into the pouch removing the bar of gold and the sheet with the list of names which she had folded placing it down in front of Zheng Yong she slides it forward, "..This is a fake gold bar and this is the list of names of girls who worked there," she points sliding her index fingers down the sheet she cane to a stop above Bo Hui Ying's name.

Zhou Tong thoroughly scans the list of names, "..That old bastard he denied  Bo Hui Ying was not one of his performers," his gaze shifted to the gold bar in his palm, "...And here's the gold bar he's denied that too!-"

Zheng Yong clicked his tongue, "...That cheeky bastard," his brows arched as he directs his gaze to Cheng Bi Yu suspiciously eyeing her figure, "..How did you obtain this?-" he wrinkled his nose, "..If I remember clearly you were on bed rest today so how did these come into your possession?—"

Cheng Bi Yu nervously shift scratching the back of her neck her lips flattened, "..About that-" she pointed her nose, "..I sort of been in contact with an informant of mine-" she exclaimed Zheng Yong straightened adjusting his sleeve he pressed, "...And who is this informant of yours Advisor Tang?-" he slanted his gaze, "...More importantly can they be trusted?-" he brought his clasped palms up resting it underneath his chin.

"..Should I really say as a confidante my source shouldn't be compromised  -" Cheng Bi Yu exclaimed she bit her tongue Zheng Yong sharp eyes fiercely narrowed, "..If this person can be trusted Advisor shouldn't have a problem since they are assisting in legal matters. Give up your source it's an order-"

Cheng Bi Yu chewed her lip, "Fine-" she shifts resting her clasped palm behind her back, "..Tang Mu Lan, my twin she's my informant-"

Zheng Yong creased his brows, "Umm-" he lamented, "...And you're convinced this sister of yours is  efficient?—" Cheng Bi Yu straightened her posture she exclaimed radiating immerse confidence, "..If Tang Mu Lan was unreliable I wouldn't get her involved in a grave task on the matter of national security. She's the woman we need-"

Zheng Yong lead skepticism swirled in his mystic orbs his lips utterly thinned as he rationally examined the situation after what felt like hours Zheng Yong lips parted, "-Then you better be right about this Advisor or you'll land in grieve trouble if she does betray us-"

He then states peering down at the items on his table "...Although we have evidence this would be classified as mediocre." He twirled the gold bar in his palm he exhaled, "..We need something more efficient if we are to charge him and by the looks of it, it seems our Tao Lin has got a strong  backer we need to also find out who that is-"

Zheng Yong grasped the gold bar, "..Get it?-" he tossed the gold bar to her then pushed forward the rest of the evidences, "...Hide them carefully. Keep them safe-" he instructs.

Cheng Bi Yu nods tucking away everything in her pouch, "..You're both dismissed-" Zheng Yong announced sending off the two individuals.

Walking back alongside each other was threatened by awkward silence while Cheng Bi Yu focused ahead Zhou Tong peered at her side profile his mind was rendered with countless questions he wanted answered. Zhou Tong determined loudly cleared his throat catching Cheng Bi Yu's wanted attention, "-Advisor Tang why is it you've never once talked about your sister?-"

Cheng Bi Yu mumbles a "..Oh-" she exclaims responding as they continued striding on the path, "...No one ever asked about family around here and that's good because I don't like mentions of anything personal  especially when it can distract my work—" Zhou Tong nods then blurts another question, "...Your relationship with your sister what's it like?-"

Cheng Bi Yu exhales, "..I would say we're close—close but we haven't been close in very long early on when my parents died Mu Lan was sent away and raised in the countryside by a distant relative while I was left behind the city walls."

She paused rubbing her wrist, "..Our reuniting had it's fair share of resentment, worry and sadness but we've managed to come to a longstanding agreement. If we're to make peace with our parents we're to make peace with ourselves-" Cheng Bi Yu hoped her lie was convincing enough not to cause suspicion from the young court officer.

Cheng Bi Yu grilled staring at him, "..Why are you asking questions about my sister?-" Zhou Tong averts his eyes embarrassed he remained silent Cheng Bi Yu points her finger, "-You're acting weird-" she poked his arm then suspiciously circled around him, "..Do you perhaps know Mu Lan?-" she halts going up in his face, "..Or maybe Officer Zhou has a crush?-"

Twins were unusual but accepted in this period but there existence were surrounded by skepticism many thinking they were descents of demon beast.

Zhou Tong face flushed red, "No...No" he shook his head he attempts to detour the conversation, "...It's not like that Advisor Tang I just find her interesting—"

"..She's interesting alright—" Cheng Bi Yu stated before making a declaration, "..It's good because she's off limits to anyone." She rotates her wrist, "..I wouldn't want to beat up someone I consider a good friend-"

Zhou Tong  cleared his throat peering down at her balled fist, "..If Advisor Tang considers me a friend then I'll have to trouble you with a small request-" Zhou Tong states but seemed hesitate to ask Cheng Bi Yu lowered her wrist, "Go ahead-"

"..I want us to be informal with each other meaning I want us to be brothers you'll address me as Zhou Tong and I'll call you Tang Ying Jie no titles attached-" Zhou Tong states his humble request.

The corner of Cheng Bi Yu's mouth curved her black orbs smiled, "...If this is what you want then yes-" she beams, "...We are officially brothers-" Cheng Bi Yu outstretched her palm, "Let's shake on it!-" and that they did Zhou Tong reached out resting his hand in her's he couldn't help but compare Advisor Tang's small delicate hand in contrast to his large callous hands.

"Zhou Tong you can let go now-" Zhou Tong was plunged from his daze at the sweet sound of her honey dripping voice, "Sorry-" he retracts his palm dropping it to his side a faint smile formed as you looked at his face, "..It's fine. Just don't go around squeezing a man's hand like that-"

Parting ways Cheng Bi Yu strode straight to her courtyard she hid the gold bar and papers into a small jewelry box in which she tightly wrapped in purple cloth placing it in the chest burying it underneath her manly garments.

She snapped the chest shut leaning against it she turns to Mei-Liang ordering, "..Fetch me dinner I'm famished-" Mei-Liang bows, "Right away-" she exclaimed ducking out of the room.

Coming back inside Mei-Liang carefully laid out the prepared dishes she placed the roasted chicken, goose and some vegetable side dishes before Cheng Bi Yu her mouth instantly waters her taste buds tingled she swiftly picked up her chopsticks digging in.

Meanwhile over at Zheng Yong's courtyard he receives another surprise decree from the Emperor stating that if the situation was still not sorted out he would enlist the help of Magistrate Ping one of his most trusted Magistrates to assist him.

Zheng Yong crumbled the scroll throwing in the far corner in anger, "...What in the fresh hell is this?!-"
Magistrate Ping arrival was set for a few days Zheng Yong knew he was hung out to dry he was prey caught in his web.