The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.6

The next day.

The day of the punishment.

Cheng Bi Yu hadn't slept a wink, "It's  time!-" the guard announced.

"Un." Cheng Bi Yu obediently followed behind.

The Imperial family and every citizen woke up early to witness the whipping of Ah Kum but we're shocked, mostly the Empress when they saw in Ah Kum's place was the Crown Prince's Concubine Bao Chen Guangzhou.

Many shared questionable and confused looks among the audience.

Cheng Bi Yu gracefully walks towards her doom. Her arms and feet are then strapped to the torture pole. Cheng Bi Yu laughed bitterly.

Eunuch Zheng Huo then announced to the crowd, "-Concubine Bao Chen Guangzhou has requested to receive the punishment intended today for the sake of saving her servant..." There were many murmurs within the crowd of citizens none have ever heard a Imperial member being so kind.

It shocked everyone. Emperor Li Wei Yuan's eyes darkened, he offered a brief smile, the Emperor flicked his hand, "Proceed!-" he ordered the Punisher.

Bao Hui Qing who sat on the podium between Li Zi Hao and Li Zhi Xin couldn't help hide her amusement. However upon seeing Cheng Bi Yu all the colors drained from Li Zi Hao's face.

'You stupid girl...' he slightly mouthed to Cheng Bi Yu who looked up at her.

A ghost smile formed on her lips. 'I know..' she mouthed then averted her eyes.

Cheng Bi Yu received the whips. Her face was neutral showing no pain as if she was unaffected but inside she held back every scream, every shout and every curse.

"30..."

"53-" Cheng Bi Yu felt extremely dizzy.

[[Host you need to stop this or you'll die]]

"I can't-" Cheng Bi Yu bit down on her tongue, "I've already longed made my decision if I quite now and have you reverse the time again Ah Kum will die...I promised to save her-"

"This fight is between me and the female lead. Ah kum shouldn't be a stumbling block-"

[[Still Host you....]]

"I don't need you right now just stand by for medical attention..."

"56..."

"57..."

"58!...." Cheng Bi Yu hearing was gone at this point as her vision began to turn hazy and her body numb from the pain.

"59-"

"60....."

"61...." The Punisher dropped his whip the same time for Cheng Bi Yu everything went dark as she fainted.

Li Zi Hao practically flew down from the podium rushing over. The hot-blooded youth barked at the guards to untie his unconscious concubine.

He swooped her up in his arms carrying her back.

"Call the Royal physician now!-" Li Zi Hao orders not caring about the wandering eyes.

Bao Hui Qing was esthetic hoping her stupid sister would die from this foolish noble act of hers.

Cheng Bi Yu laid deathly pale on her bed Ah Lam and the recovered Ah Kum knelt weeping by her bed, "Miss please wake up, please..." Cheng Bi Yu looked like a ghost if the physician hadn't checked her pulse they would have thought she was already dead.

"Concubine Bao is out of danger but her body is quite weak due to the whippings. She should rest for awhile at the minimum three weeks before she is able to go back to normal...." The physician announced, packing up his medical equipments he leaves.