Chapter Twenty-Three: What Happened At New Year's

"Happy birthday to you!" I groan as random strangers begin to cheer and I lift my head off the pillow, there was Niall, Dani, Liam, Harry, Lou and El all staring down at me.

"Leave me alone. I don't want it to be my birthday." I groan, mushing my head into my pillow.

"20 isn't old!" Louis replies and I punch his arm blindly, but am satisfied when I hear him yelp.

"My boyfriend is 19." I groan and they all begin to laugh. "It's not funny! I'm in my twenties and my boyfriend is in his teens! It sounds wrong!" I insist, but Niall is still laughing and kisses my lips.

"You are silly sometimes Lenn." I smile as he kisses me again, this time for longer, and everyone groans and walks out leaving us alone in my room. "I love you."

"I know you do." Niall replies cockily, kissing my lips briefly. I pull him back for a longer kiss and Niall groans.

"We can't do this right now." He says when I begin playing with his t-shirt. "I want to take you out for breakfast."

"Take me out for dinner instead." I reply with a smart grin and Niall looks like he considers it for a moment before shaking his head and standing up.

"Can't do that. You're on Celebrity Juice tonight." I shrug, kissing his neck.

"Lunch then." I reply, and Niall shakes his head again.

"Emma wants you in for a management meeting." I groan, leaning my head back on the pillow.

"I hate her." I retort and Niall nods, now understanding my pure hatred for my manager.

It was as if Emma did not understand that I didn't care for an image from the Press, I was no longer allowed to freely tweet Niall, or tweet anything really, unless it was forseen by her, I was being interviewed and singing pretty much everyday, which left only the evenings and mornings for my time with Niall, and sometimes, just to really annoy me, Emma would book me a hotel room in the city we were staying in, instead of letting me drive home to Niall.

And then, a week ago, Emma overstepped the line.

"So we've been reviewing your sales this week and they've gone down." Emma tells me, showing me the graph with the small dip in sales. "Any idea why?"

"It's just been Christmas? People aren't shopping as much..." I suggest and Emma shakes her head.

"What did you tweet the other day?" She demands and I shrug.

"I was answering a fan question, I-"

"And mentioned Niall Horan!" She interrupts me.

"It's not a big deal!" I argue, for the first time, directly telling Emma I did not agree with her views about my boyfriend and my album sales.

"I want you two to break up."

"And I want you fired. But we can't always have what we want." I shoot back immediately. "If you think I am going to break up with Niall, well, you are clearly very delusional in what kind of person you think I am."

"You must be a little excited to be going on Celebrity Juice though?" Niall asks, looking at me seriously.

"Obviously I am. I'm just scared what he's going to say to me." I reply, shuddering. Keith Lemon... I'd pretty much watched every episode of Celebrity Juice, and his crudeness makes me laugh but... him talking directly to me? I do not know if I'll be able to handle it...

"Get dressed oldie." Niall tells me and I stand up and turn away from me, but then he slaps my bum and comes behind me. "If I'm in my teens and you're in your twenties, do you qualify as a cougar yet?" I slap his chest and give him a glare as I walk into the bathroom to have a shower.