Chapter Four: Split

“Guys, what should I do?” A hushed whisper sounds next to me, and the person’s breath blows on my ear, causing me to desperately need to itch it. But obviously I couldn't, it would be too obvious.

“Chuck her off the couch,” Someone else says, and he chuckles.

“Lennoooox.” Someone shoves my shoulder, but I’m just too comfortable, so I shove the person and groan, burrowing myself in a crook in the couch.

Someone vibrates against the couch and people laugh. I increasingly become aware of my surroundings. It was the second day of our holiday in Turkey and once again we had spent the night before in my hotel room as we all spent time together drinking, and once again, not by accident this time, I had fallen asleep on Niall. 

“That’s her phone,” Says the Irish boy, “Danielle’s been texting her every five minutes. Those two need to be separated; they can hardly spend any time away from each other.”

“Have you tried to get into her phone?” Someone asks, and he chuckles evilly.

“No! Of course I haven’t mate.”

“You should, do you think it’s still something really obvious.” There’s a pause. "Damn it’s not 1234, or 4321.”

“Try 3210.” Another pause, “When’s her birthday?”

I freeze. 

If they knew my birthday, they'd be able to get onto my phone, because I'd made the decision  a few weeks ago that no one would guess that the dates of my birthday would be my phone password, but obviously now I see the mistake in that decision. 

“I don’t know...” Someone sighs, and I feel my heart beat returning back to normal.

“Ni, do you know it?”

“Yep.” He says, “But I’m not telling you. I don’t think you should read Danielle’s texts to her. Or any other texts.”

“You twat.” Harry says and Niall chuckles, making my head bob up and down.

“I know.” He tells them.

“It’s in May... I know that much...” Zayn says.

Damn Zayn and his perfect memory.

“Wait a minute...” Everyone’s silent and then Harry speaks again, “Hey, Lou, when’s Lennox’s birthday?” Silence again, “Because she won’t tell us, and we want to see just how old she is...” Another pause, and then a laugh, “Thank you very much Louis." Then another pause, he knew it. Now I could either ‘wake up’ just in time to stop them, but they could unlock it and see the texts, and knowing Dani, they will be full of her shipping ‘Ninnox’ and then I’d have to face embarrassment. But I’ve never admitted these growing feelings for Niall by text, or out loud, or ever, except in my mind, and so they wouldn’t be able to hold anything against me, because I hadn’t admitted to anything.

“15th of May. 1505.” Cheers went off and Zayn began to speak.

“Danielle says: Why are you not replying? Just because I think you and Niall should be together doesn’t mean you can make babies. That was 10 minutes ago.”

“Guys,” Niall warns and Harry pushes him, or maybe Zayn, because my face gets squished into Niall’s chest even more.

“Then she says you and Niall have to get together, you may not see it, but it’s so cute I could just die. And Max clearly isn’t good enough for you. He’s a poo face. 26 minutes ago.”

“Let me read.” Harry says and then he laughs, “Niall, Danielle is clearly a big fan of the idea of you and Lennox getting together- 3 weeks ago, I don’t care what Max says, you're coming to Turkey whether he likes it or not.” Harry laughs, “5 months ago- It’s Harry’s birthday! You have to come! Please come, I know Max won’t let you hang out with them, but they really want you to come, Max doesn’t have to know! You can’t let him keep controlling you forever! I don’t like the sound of this Max. What’s his problem?”