Chapter Fifty-Three: Last Chance

“Hello?” I sighed, this was it, the music was so loud, I was afraid Lennox wasn’t going to hear me, but the words splurt out of me, the words that I’d long wished to tell her since the moment I met her.

“Lennox I’m in love with you.” I tell her. “Lenn, this is the last time I’m going to do this, I know we agreed not to, but dammit... I have to! I love you and I know you love me, you need to trust me, take a risk with me, because it will pay off, I’ve lost you once, I’m never going to make that mistake again, if you agree to be with me I won’t be possessive, I’ll trust you completely, baby, please, you know we’re supposed to be together. You can’t just wake up one day and realise you want to be with me when you're married, I love you but I’m not going to sit around waiting for you. You’re going to get married, and the moment you do... well I guess that’s when I’ll start moving on, properly. So, please, just think about what you want, who you want to be with. Forget the wedding and Molly and think about Rob and then think about me. Chose who you want to be with, just Rob and I, between the both of us, not who you’re engaged to or who cheated. Just two guys who you love.”

“Niall.” I recognise the softer voice who spoke my name.

“Danielle?” I question, completely sure that the girl who I just spoke to, wasn’t Lennox.

“Yeah.” She sounds awkward, but then again, so do I. I just confessed my love for Lennox, to her best friend. “Sorry, I answered her phone... Lennox is a bit busy right now. Ermm... Shall I pass on the message?”

“No.” I choke. “No, it’s useless anyway. Sorry. Have fun at the wedding.”

“Niall-“ She protests, but I hang up.

This was just another sign that I shouldn’t be with her. Lennox isn’t going to cancel this wedding for me, she won’t even break up with him for me. She loves Rob. Not me.

I ignored the next call that came from Lennox’s phone again, which was obviously Danielle.

I can’t do this. I turn off the shower, walking out, Molly leaning on the wall by the door, clearly waiting for me.

“You took a while.” She tells me, I nod, walking to my closet and grabbing some clothes. “Did you even have a shower?”

“Nah, decided not to.” My hair’s dry, Molly isn’t an idiot, and she probably knows what I was doing in there anyway.

“Paul’s in the living room.” Molly then tells me. “Apparently he’s been told to watch you.”

“Yeah.”

“Why?” She asks. “Is he supposed to prevent you from stopping the wedding?”

“Something like that.” I reply shortly, I really don’t care about her anymore.

“Then why are we even together?” She crosses her arms, sitting on the bed and glaring at me.

“I thought I must’ve felt something for you. Maybe it would explain why I cheated on Lennox.”

“And?”

“There’s nothing there.” I answer. “I’m sorry Molly, but... I still love Lennox, it was a mistake being with you.”

“So that’s it?” She questions. “I broke up with my boyfriend for you! I had to quit my job because all your friends hate me! And now you’re doing this? You’re dumping me because of her?”

“Your boyfriend didn’t deserve to be treated the way that you treated him, he’s better off without you.”

“And my job?”