Chapter Five: Max

||Who here is Team Ninnox? Tell me if you are in the comments!||

I don’t know how I got myself dressed or downstars. The text off Max came out of nowhere. He wasn’t interested in any of my friends, so I don’t see how texting Danielle or Alex made any difference. He wouldn’t have seen them.

Max is the love of my life. We’ve only been together two years and I was planning on the rest of my life. It tore my heart thinking that I had been cuddling up to Niall, wanting to explore these feelings when I had a lovely boyfriend at home. If I’d known yesterday... I wouldn’t have spoken to the boys at all, I wouldn’t be here in Turkey, I want to get back home and work on things with Max. After today there would be no more hanging around the members of One Direction unless absolutely necessary. They were ruining everything.

"Here she is!" Eleanor exclaims as I join the other 7 at the table in the breakfast hall. I offer her a small smile before drinking a glass of water. Not saying a word.

"Did you sleep okay?" Danielle asks, a suggesting smile on her face and again, I don't say a word, only nod in response. 

"So what are our plans for today?" Zayn asks, taking away the attention from me as they all exchange looks as if silently trying to decide today's agenda. 

"By the pool?" Harry suggests, glancing at me for a second before diverting his eyes elsewhere. 

"We could go shopping in town after we've had some lunch? There's supposed to be markets on." Everyone now agrees with Danielle. Once again, it was like as soon as everybody was sober, I was immediately kicked out of their little group again. 

Or maybe somehow I had excluded myself all on my own.

When I return to my bedroom to change into my bikini, I finally grab my phone and send Max a text, biting the inside of my cheek from the nerves. 

To: Maxysexypants<3<3

Please, can we just talk? I’ll be on Skype... xxx

When I’d logged into Skype and stared at Max’s profile, I realised just staring wasn’t going to help. 

From: Peazerrrr

Why am I only just hearing about this?! How did you stay so silent at breakfast?! I'm coming over!

To: Peazerrrr 

No don't. I'm going to Skype Max...

I still hadn't heard a thing from Alex, and after Dani wishes me luck whilst talking to Max, I then turn all of my attention to Alex, and text her too.

To: Thebestfriendwhosenotfamous (Alex)

Hey, did you get my text? Xxx

Here’s the thing about Alexis Stanley... she was like the big sister you always needed. If I texted her, the reply text would always be sent a few seconds later. Not minutes or hours.

The Day I met Alex

“This is the first time we’re not going to have classes together!” Danielle exclaims as we lean on a wall, one door led my way to History, and the other led Danielle’s way to Geography. To me, it was just a different class and we’d see each other again in 40 minutes, but to her... it was breaking a bond we’d had since we were five years old. Every class, dance or educational, we were together, and now, we’d taken different options in Year 10 and this is where it left us.

“Goodbye Dani, I’ll see you after class.” I laugh and Dani yelps as I walk across the door and into the classroom.

“I’ll miss you!” I hear Danielle shout and I laugh to myself as I walk past all my classmates towards the back corner of the room and sitting placing my bag there, claiming the seat as my own. I then walk over to the guys who were in my form and smile at them all.