Chapter Fifty-Two: 3 Days

Three days. Just three days until the biggest day of my life. Bigger than the day I got a record deal. Bigger than the day I won three Brit Awards. I was getting married. And that was pretty bigger than the average day.

“Lennox, what are you doing in there?” Dani connects her fist to the bathroom door several times. I adjust my crown in my brown locks. The girls had decided to dress me head-to-toe in the typical hen party attire. I wore a learning sign on my bum, a tiara, a bride-to-be sash, and, of course, the tightest dress that El, Dani and Perrie found that they owned, eventually choosing a tight little number that I was surprised to find out that Eleanor Calder owned. 

“Just making sure I look perfect.” I reply back, flicking some hair from my face and grabbing my mascara, applying it to one eye.

“Come on Lennie! I need to pee!” El complains and I snort in retort. El’s bladder will just have to wait.

I apply mascara to the other eye, and when I turn back to the door, the minute it’s unlocked El rushes past me, pushes me out of the bathroom and locks the door behind her.

“I can’t believe you’re getting married.” Dani muses. “I always knew you’d be the first out of the pair of us though.” She adds afterwards. What was that supposed to mean?
“Why?” I ask and Dani shrugs.

“You’re more willing with risks.” 

I know it’s the truth, but the way Dani says it makes me feel bad instantly. Was this wedding considered a risk to her? I felt like every moment I was planning this wedding was one less moment spent with my best friend. I feel as if I’m slowly losing her to something else. But maybe that's how she feels. I'm marrying someone, surely that means that I will be spending most of my days with Rob? Childhood best friends might be forgotten once I'm married, especially since I'm moving halfway across the world to a completely different continent to her.

We had hardly spoken for the past two weeks. Since Liam’s birthday she pretty much ignored Rob and I on our remaining 3 days in the UK before we flew back to America, and then seemed... too polite to be acting normal when she arrived in LA two days ago for the wedding. Rob was off in Denmark for his Stag Party, all planned by his best man, Matty, who had not allowed me to know the reason for their strange location, and all of Rob’s best friends and Liam and Harry went to The Stag Party. The final arrangements for the dress were made, and Dani, El, Lindsey, Kendall and Kylie all relished in their beautiful bridemaids dresses, whilst Leon watched them parade in the dresses in jealousy that I hadn’t allowed him to be a bridesmaid. But I reminded him that he was fortunate to be allowed to my Hen Party, along with all of Rob’s sisters, my own sister, Tessa, Dani, El and Perrie and Jade.

The wedding guest list was full of celebrities, mainly all Rob’s star friends, and a few of my own, One Direction, obviously, Justin, Ed, Taylor. Everything was falling into place. Everything was perfect.

I slipped my heels on, holding onto Dani for support, her hair was straightened and she wore pink fairy wings, her lipstick bright pink as well.

“I can’t believe in three days I’ll be married.” I tell her, hoping for some reaction from her to show her true feelings about the wedding, but Dani only nods, irritating me even further. Why was she so distant, so cold?

“Lindsey!” Dani’s face lights up when my heavily-pregnant sister hobbles into my hotel room, clutching onto my mum’s arm for support. At least she shows some emotion to one of us, though I'd rather she told me her true feelings about the wedding, about Rob. 

Or maybe she's just jealous.

The thought hadn't occured to me before. A year ago, we were practically the same, both dancers, both with boyfriends. Then I started dating Niall, I got the record deal, I toured around the UK. I'd moved on from what we used to do together, and now I was getting married, married to Rob, and now we were going to start our lives together, whilst Dani was still in an empty flat in London, her boy-band boyfriend planning yet another tour of the world again, and this time, I won't be there with her.