Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Ache of the Heart

PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU ARE PRONE TO INSANE AMOUNTS OF SADNESS, IF YOU DO HAVE LARGE FEELINGS OF SADNESS, I SUGGEST TO HAVE TISSUES NEARBY. 

I greeted Louis, Liam and Zayn eagerly, not as eager as their girlfriends but still. We were at the boys’ hotel, and clearly everyone was excited to find out how Niall would react to my appearance. But when we reached his room, he wasn’t there.

“He’s probably gone out with Harry, he’s feeling all depressed because he’s the only one without a girlfriend.” Zayn tells us and everyone laughs at Harry’s expense.

“What time do you think Niall will get back?” I ask and Zayn shrugs.

“Hang on.” Louis says, “I have an idea.”

“Which is?” I ask and Louis has the evil Louis smirk on his face.

“What if... we all go back to our rooms, and Lennox hides in here, that way when Niall returns... he’ll be all alone and then he’ll walk into his room, turn the light on and BAM! There’s Lennox.”

“Or you could hide in his bathroom and jump out at him.” Zayn suggests, which Liam finds hysterical. “Either way, it will scare Niall, and he’ll be shocked to see you. I’ll just be sad that I won’t be there to see it happen.”
“I’ll re-enact it for you Zayn, I promise.” I tell him, “It will be an Oscar worthy performance of Niall shitting himself.” I joke and everyone begins to laugh again.

“I think I’ll text Niall now.” Louis says, “Oi Niall, you’ve missed the girlfriends, we’ve all gone out now. Also try and get back to the hotel ASAP, I think I left your oven on.” I shoot him a weird glance and Louis shrugs, “It will get him back sooner!” He defends his strange text and I nod.

Immediately, Louis gets a return text.

“He says he’s just on his way up now.” Louis then shoots to his feet as he realises what he’s just said and then grabs onto El’s hand.

“Well we’d better get back to our own rooms.” Louis says and two by two the couples quickly leave the hotel room, Perrie switching the light off as she’s the last one to leave, and I’m descended into darkness.

Have you ever felt like you are waiting an eternity for something to happen? Like when you’re watching a horror movie, and the blonde chic who has already taken her top off is walking around the house looking for her boyfriend. You know that something is going to jump out. You wait, and you wait, mentally preparing yourself for that moment when the murderer grabs her mouth so that she can't scream, and holds her throat to stop her breath.

Is it strange that I am comparing my reunion with my boyfriend to the moment a blonde girl gets murdered and you wait for that moment when something jumps out at you?

I guess after not seeing Niall in so long, I’m not really sure what to expect. It sounds stupid, but I’m nervous to see him, sweaty hands, butterflies in my stomach, breathing quickly. I have no idea what’s going to happen/ Will he swear and stomp his feet because I’m here, hoping that he would have longer away from me, or will he engage me in a passionate kiss and swear that he has never been happier than in this moment.

The door opens, and I jump as it slams open with a force, I step backwards, so that I’m still concealed by the darkness. But Niall doesn’t turn on the light, and when the door shuts again, the hotel room is descended into darkness.

Well this wasn’t the way it was supposed to work. Niall was supposed to see me straight away, wondering if I’m just a figment of his imagination or if I am really here.

I hear a high-pitched giggle and my heart drops to my gut, as I can hear shuffling that sounds a lot like bodies moving together. And all I can think is, please don’t let that be my Niall who sounds like he’s making out with a girl on the couch.