Chapter Thirty-Three: Surprises

“So you’d gone to the bathroom.” Niall begins and I bite my lip, I’m not sure how I’m going to react when I discover all the crappy things my step-sister has done. I wonder if my dad knew what she is like. “And she was smiling at me and asked me how things were going with you, I told her things are going great. Then, she said she couldn’t believe that she knew someone who knew me.”

I snort, I don’t just know him.

“So then she asked if I would follow her on Twitter, so I did, because I thought it was the least I could do, I didn’t want your dad to hate me even more.”

“He doesn’t hate you Ni.” I insist, but Niall ignores my interruption.

“Anyway, I followed her and a few days later she messaged me, I don’t know why, I’m not attracted to her, I was just scared that if I ignored her she’d tell your dad, and I know how important your dad is to you, and that you’d choose her word over mine.”

“Ni-“ I begin again and Niall laughs violently.

“I know you like talking, but please stop interrupting me baby.” He jokes and I laugh, then stay silent, waiting for me to continue. “I just, I didn’t want to lose you, and I thought that if I acted badly towards her, it would ruin my relationship with you.” He laughs again, “Looks like it went the different way. I wasn’t going to meet up with her, I swear to you. I love you, you’ve gotta know I do. Everything on that roof, everything I shared with you, babe it’s all true, I just... you’re mine, and I don’t want you to lose the trust you have in me.”

“Do you... trust me?” I ask tentatively, “Because, to me, it’s like you don’t trust me.”

“I do.” Niall says, “I just... I don’t trust other guys around you. I love you so much, I don’t want anyone feeling the same way around you that I do. I get crazy jealous... you just... bring it out in me. I know that you wouldn’t do anything. I know that Lennie.”

“I love you.” I whisper.

“I love you too. Can you come over to my hotel?” He asks and I laugh at his eagerness.

“Yeah, I can.”

I make it over to Niall’s hotel in about ten minutes from the concert hall. I have my guitar in the bag and another bag over my shoulder, that had all my normal stuff that I carry around, phone, purse, laptop, chargers, make-up, all of that.

I knock on the door, and I hadn’t even finished my knocking when the door had opened up in front of me, Niall greeted me with a large grin on his face.

Immediately, his arms go around my neck, pulling my neck and my face buries itself in his chest, and my arms go around his waist, hugging him close to me.

How could I have been so angry at him? Now that everything was explained, I realise now that he was trying to do the right thing by now, and was just trying to keep everyone happy, but that had all blown up in his face.

“I’m sorry.” I mumble into his chest, and Niall’s grip on my tightens.

“I want to go and do something.” Niall says, “And, it’s not just something stupid, it’s to prove to you that I love you and only you.” I pull away, for some reason, I was expecting him to get down onto one knee and ask me to marry him, and that made me incredibly scared, because although marrying Niall was definitely on my to-do list, it wasn’t that highly prioritised. “C’mon.” Niall takes my bag off from off my shoulder, and I pull the guitar bag strap off my shoulder, and grip it in one hand. Niall puts the bag on the bed and I place the guitar bag next to me. “Let’s go.”