Chapter Six: Forgetting

||Team Ninnox?||

****

After I cried my eyes out to Harry, and left him with a very wet t-shirt, we got dressed and changed and then made our way down to the pool. It was massive, it was like a waterpark, with at least 3 different types of slides, there were sun-beds surrounding the pool, and Harry seemed to know where he was going. We walked around the pool, and Harry had only got one whisper about him as a girl who sounded British pointed and giggled at him. Harry had his arm on my shoulder as we walked past sunbathers and children, and, in the corner, right in the sun, was everyone sat around. Danielle and El had a sunbed spare next to them, and they were already out in their bikinis and sunbathing, as was Zayn, and Niall was putting some sun cream on his face, whilst Liam and Louis tossed a beach ball between them in only their swimming trunks.

“Hey guys!” Harry greeted as we got closer and they all looked up and waved or smiled. “Are you going in the pool?” Harry asks Liam and he nods.

“You coming in Lennox?” Louis, Liam, Niall, and now Harry were all ready to go swimming. But with one hasty look at Harry and then at Niall, I shook my head, but gave them a weak smile.

“I think I’ll just work on a tan. But I’ll come in later.”

“Promise?” Niall asks and I nod, not trusting my voice as I felt butterflies in my stomach as his blue eyes met mine, and knowing his smile was just for me.

I decided to stay away from El and Dani. Dani was obviously still going to be mad at me for lying to her about Max, and she probably filled El in, they were always very close, I wouldn't be surprised if Dani was planning on making Eleanor her replacement from me. I would be safer next to Zayn. Zayn smiles at me as I collapse onto the sunbed next to him and begin to take off my shorts and t-shirt.

“You know, Lennox. I was on Twitter this morning...” He trails off, sitting up and watching me apply the sun cream to my arms. He rests his sunglasses on his head, so I can see his caramel eyes and they looked full of humour.

“Really Zayn.” I sigh, he’d obviously seen the picture, “And what was so interesting, might I ask?”

“Well... it was a picture, of something that you had texted to someone, about your feelings about Niall.” He said and then laughed, eyeing me up and down... as if it was my own wish for my small feelings for Niall to be broadcasted over the internet.

“Don’t be an asshole Zayn.” I snap. “It’s not funny. Has Niall seen it?”

“Nope, the lads haven’t figured out the password to the hotel wifi yet.” Zayn tells me, “So, you actually like him?"

“Max dumped me over it.” I hiss at him, “Whatever feelings I felt about Niall are now nothing, because I’m not going to act on them when, because of them, Max dumped me.”

His mouth dropped open a little bit and then he said, “Lennox – “

“I don’t care Zayn. I don’t care.” I cut him off. “How am I meant to stop him from seeing it?”

He shrugs, watching me closely, “Well, we could say that no one should look at twitter for the duration of the holiday... but then they’d probably know that there was something to look at.”

“I’m just going to go home.” I tell him and stand up quickly but Zayn grabs my arm and pulls me back down.

“Listen-“ He begins, but stops, holding a finger up to his lips, eyes scanning around the area, “Wait, no, listen.” I stop squirming and can hear a buzz going off continuously on my phone. I knew I had quite a few friends who would text me... but never at this large magnitude. I grabbed it, the hot, vibrating phone that had literally millions of texts coming through my phone at once.