Chapter Fifty-Four: Down the Aisle

Cameras followed my every move, as the stylist did my hair, pinning every stray hair in place into a tight bun at the very top of my head. Still in my dressing room I watched my bridesmaids and the mothers go through the same thing, all of them in their own individual conversations as they conversed about the wedding, the honeymoon, future plans after the honeymoon.

“We might have Rob junior’s running around very soon.” Kris teased me as Kris and my mum joked about having new sets of grandchildren very soon.

“We have time, after another album and a tour. Maybe.”

“Touring?” Kris questioned.  Was she an idiot? I’d mentioned releasing a new album repeatedly, and then hopefully, if I am successful, touring would be the next step. “What about starting a family?”

“Well, I’m only twenty. I don’t need kids for another couple of years.”

“What if Rob wants kids?” Kris questions me again.

“Well... I don’t think it would be practical to have a child in the middle of touring.”

“Yes, I suppose you’ll have to put the touring off for a while, until the child is old enough.” She replies, looking dazed, already imaginging the clothes she'd dress 'Rob Junior' in. How to spoil him, the best angle for photo shoots...

“I meant.” I grit my teeth, my anger taking over, “That I’d have a child after touring.”

“Oh.”

“Lennox, let’s get your make-up done.” The stylist butts in, saving me from more, what I’d call peer pressure off Kris Jenner. The camera men record me, and knowing it’s live, I converse with the camera, just as I would do on a twitcam.

“Are you nervous?” Kenny, one of our official cameramen for the wedding asks me and I shrug. El nudges me, being in the seat next to me.

“Okay I’m very nervous. I’m going to trip up.”

“You’re a dancer. You’re supposed to be graceful.” El jokes, closing her eyes as one of the girls adds eyeshadow to her eyelids. I close my own eyes when I see a brush near closer to my eyes, but continue talking.

“I’m still worried. What if I’ve gained weight and the dress doesn’t fit anymore?”

“Yeah, like you’d gained 10 pounds overnight.” El retorts.

“I could have!” I suggest. “You never know, all those beers from the hen party may have made me fat.” I open my eyes, El doubled over, laughing silently at me, and the stylist is laughing at me too. “When I don’t fit in my dress, I shall laugh at you like that.” I warn them both, El continues to giggle slightly, her hand covering his mouth. And I have the instinct to slap her. But right now, I have the instinct to slap everyone. 

When the make-up ordeal is over, I sit sipping champagne on the sofa, now ignoring the cameras and talking about my honeymoon with the girls as they continue to get their make-up done.

“Did you know Niall and Molly broke up?” The room goes silent as Danielle drops what I would consider, a large bombshell on us all.

“Really? Any idea why?” I ask, sipping my champagne again, and wondering what all the ‘ninnox’ fans will be tweeting about after hearing that Niall is suddenly single around the date of my wedding.

“Because she’s a bitch.” El says and I gasp at her. She can’t say that! On live television! She watches Dani and I’s shocked expressions, rolling her eyes. “Come on, you both were thinking the same thing as I was. I’m jus the only one who doesn’t care to say it. She probably won’t even watch you get married, just a reminder of one of your relationships that she hasn’t ruined.”