Chapter Thirty: Drinking and Tattoos

“Are you sure you’re not over-“

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence.” I warn Dani as she looks at the texts I’d read. “Are you not reading the same texts that I am?” I take the phone, but Dani was looking at the texts that I had just read of Niall’s phone.

“Niall wouldn’t meet up with her.” Liam tells me, “He’s just too nice to say he doesn’t want to.”

“It’s all her, not him.” Dani insists, grabbing onto my knee and squeezing. “Why does this bother you so much?”

I stay still as I possibly can, not breathing, not blinking. I knew all this they were telling me, and had been saying for the past twenty minutes, so why did I find it that I just couldn’t forgive him for something that wasn’t his fault?

“I don’t want to lose him.” I mumble and Dani turns back towards Liam and then turns back towards me. “I’m such a crap girlfriend, I never do anything right, I thought I could get over the Twitter hate and... the publicity in our relationship, everyone knowing absolutely everything about us. The really beautiful and more talented girls who he sees everyday, people telling me I’m a beard because he’s gay. I just...” I stand to my feet. “What if because of all this, it’s getting to him instead of me and I lose him?”

“He loves you.”

“But what if he doesn’t?” I retort. “Can... I just be alone please?” I crawl further back on Harry’s bed and cuddle into his pillow, pulling the duvet over me. Dani sighs loudly, which is often just to tell me that the conversation isn’t over. Liam smiles at me before turning the light off and shutting the bedroom door. Immediately, I grip tighter onto Niall’s phone and unlock it, looking for the number that I know is saved into his phone.

“Hello?” She answers, purring and I roll my eyes.

“Listen Becca, you’re going to delete my boyfriend’s number off your phone and never contact him again. Maybe he hadn’t mentioned it to you to remind you, but he has a girlfriend, and no amount of seductive texts and pictures of your cleavage is going to make him go to you.” I wait for a moment, before Becca begins to laugh. Of course, she found this hilarious.

“We’re just making conversation.” Becca replies, trying to fake innocence, but obviously she wanted me to know that it wasn’t a purely innocent conversation.

“Leave him alone. He loves me.”

“You don’t seem too sure about that Lennox.” She giggles. “Why are you called Lennox? Is it even a real name?”

That’s a strange name, I’ve never heard anyone called Lennox before. Why did she sound so much like her?

“Why are you asking me about my name?” I snap back and Becca giggles again.

“Here’s the deal Sis, I’m going to keep talking to Niall and you’re going to deal with it, because you know that there are plenty of beautiful women in Niall’s life, so what’s the deal in having one more?”

“You’re the first to make a move on him.” I growl, clutching onto the phone even tighter, and the door opens, showing Harry, looking sheepishly.

“Are you sure about that?” She asks.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I ask her, and Harry realises I’m on Niall’s phone.
“Who are you talking to?”

“I said, what is that supposed to mean?” I say slowly, and Becca just merely laughs again.

“Did you ask Niall what happened at their Brit Nomination party?” She asks, and I stay silent, looking up towards Harry. “He probably complained about that excruciating hangover he had.”