Chapter Forty: "I Desperately Need Someone On My Side"

“What are you doing?” I smile at El as she walks into the flat, being here for the Brits that are tomorrow, and I grin.

“I made a fort.” I tell her, motioning around me to my boxes that surround me. “It’s fun, like off Friends.”

“Hang on, I need to take a picture of this.” El tells me, taking out her phone, and snapping a picture of me smiling like a kid in my fort of boxes.

My phone dings, signalling that I’ve got a notification. Wonder who that could be off...

@EleanorJCalder: Oh dear... @LennoxOfficial has built a fort out of boxes. I think she’s gone insane!

I laugh at the tweet, instantly retweeting  it.

“Anyway, are you excited for the Brits tomorrow?” She asks and I scoff, of course I bloody am! I am completely prepared to blow everyone away! I have the perfect dress, the perfect date... I’m just lacking on the perfect song.

“Do you think I’ll cry if I sing Stop the Clocks tomorrow?” I ask El seriously and she nods her head after a moment of thought. “So you think I should write a new song?”

“Probably.”

FLASHBACK

Dani placed her laptop in front of me, and when I look at her as if she has actually gone insane, she motions to the website that was on the screen, a blog, about me.

BREAK UP OF THE YEAR: LENNOX 0 NIALL 2

Here at PerezHilton.com, we like to argue everything fairly and diplomatically. But so far, the winning of the Ninnox break up has been surprising one-sided.

First one to step out of the public, a point to Niall

And we gave another point because Lennox STILL hasn’t shown her face.

Then we may as well give Niall 2 more points, because Niall has the most love and support on Twitter out of the old couple, and another one because he’s had to deal with people singing his ex-girlfriend’s songs at him wherever he goes, and he still hasn’t cracked.

It’s as if the red carpet of the BRIT awards are going to decide all.

Let’s see who will scrub up the best, ignore paparazzo’s comments asking about the break up, win the most awards, turn up with the hottest date, look the hottest themselves, and performs the best. So Lennox may still be able to win this break up. One of them may shoot up in One Direction to win the winner of the break-up!

But so far, it doesn’t look very likely that Lennox is going to win.

If the past two and a half weeks have been anything to go on, she’ll turn up clutching a teddy bear as she accepts her awards and beg Niall for forgiveness on live television, and then sing a song she wrote for him and cry some more.

 Get some dignity girl, before Niall shows you up!

Lennox 0 Niall 4

We are way too excited right now!

I stopped reading, scoffing as I got to the end, but Dani seemed deadly serious about this.

"You can't let him win." Dani tells me. "You, my beautiful friend, are going to ring up the hottest guy you know, or that guy you keep sneaking out to go and see, wear a hot dress and sing the best goddamn song you have!" 

"What's the point?" I groan, grabbing my glass of orange juice and gulping it all down.

"Because, I know you won't tell me why you broke up with him, but, you must've had a good reason, and the way you keep going on about how it's his fault, and you're the innocent... Well I want him to pay and I want you to win the break up, even if you won't tell me what it was about."