Chapter Two- Holidays

|| Two Years Later ||

Two years can change things drastically, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes nothing changes. For me, it was the latter. Despite moving out of the family home, relocating to London and moving in with my best friend, everything was the same. My career was still steady, yet not as huge as I had envisioned it to be two years ago. Whilst, for my best friend, everything had changed. She got the better dancing offers, even modelling, she had a new boyfriend, the ever fame-growing Liam Payne from One Direction, and she wasn't looking back. That was scary for me. I was waiting for the day that she'd suddenly turn around and she'd realise that she didn't need me anymore, that her fame had outgrown her longest friendship. 

"Lenn come on!" Danielle squealed as she shuffled her feet uncomfortably and I wheeled my suitcase over to her. Somehow, Danielle had convinced me to take a holiday with her. I was slightly nervous for it too. Danielle had been invited on a holiday with the boys from One Direction, and whilst I had worked with them on the X Factor, due to my boyfriend's jealous tendancies, I had decided to not form any lasting bonds with any of them. Except Liam, I couldn't really cut him out of my life when he was in my flat all the time. 

I pulled up Twitter on my iPhone, deciding to tweet something to my 30,000 followers that I had managed to get due to my friendship with Danielle. 

@LennooxB: Can't wait for the sun in Turkey with @DaniellePeazer ! I can practically see my new tan already!

Danielle shouted from the door to hurry up, and I put my phone back into my bag, wheeling my suitcase behind me and then we locked up the door, ready for our holiday to begin. 

Two years ago had some of the best days of my life, and I'm sure seeing those boys again would bring back the nostalgia of X Factor, which was also the best job I have ever had. I was also nervous to see them again. I'd sort of completely disappeared when X Factor had finished, and my boyfriend Max had told me that he didn't want me to be around them anymore. It was quite within his right as a boyfriend to say that to me, if he had been around 5 attractive girls for 10 weeks or so, I'd want them out of his life quickly too. 

As I made my way outside, I first saw the startingly attractive brunette Eleanor walk towards us. She pulled Danielle into a hug and then I was pulled into an awkward hug too. I'd hung out with Eleanor a few times, Dani enjoyed her company and I can understand why. Everytime she was around our flat, it was like our moods had been lifted, and she was yet another reason why I was scared that Dani was leaving me behind. Why have me as a best friend, when you could have her? She was beautiful, smart, funny, and they had something in common, their boyfriends. Whenever Dani was upset because Liam wasn't around, I never knew what to say. I had no idea what she was going through, I'd never had that problem. Max was always around, I didn't ever have the chance to miss him, so what can I say to Dani when her boyfriend is halway across the world with thousands of girls throwing themselves at him whilst she sits at home on Twitter reading about how she's not good enough for him? Eleanor could help her with that, comfort her and remind her that they know Liam loves her. 

"Well Lou says that him, Liam and Zayn are already at the airport." Eleanor tells Dani, and she nods, looking up from her phone and the taxi driver puts my suitcase into the boot of the car before I get inside, Dani sitting inbetween myself and Eleanor. Dani and El talk about the boys, the sun, the drinking, whilst I'm have no idea what to say. Do I mention Max? Remind them that just because my boyfriend isn't coming with us that he still exists? When Dani is around them, it's like she's a different person than when she's around me, and I find myself wondering which one is the real Danielle Peazer. "We just need to pick up Harry and Niall." Eleanor reminds us as we pull up outside some flats, two boys that I haven't seen in the longest time standing outside, and it brings a smile to my face to see them. It hit me in the chest to realise that I was only a five minute drive away from either Niall or Harry. it hurt me because it could've been so easy to see them again, to keep up my friendship that had seemed  strong two years ago, but now they were practically strangers. Although, as much as it is Max's fault for that, they too are also to blame.