Chapter Fifty-Nine: Disguises and Harry Styles

“The video showed Lennox in her wedding dress, just a mere five minutes before her wedding confessing her love for Horan and her wishes to cancel the wedding, what we can only guess, Lennox planned to be cancelled after she escaped the church.” The blonde presenter says, a wide smile crossing her face. The show plays my video, Niall’s grasp on my hand tightening when I let out a small sob. How had they found out so soon? I wanted time to adjust. I had just ended my marriage and got back together with the love of my life in a mere few hours. Can’t people just leave me be?

“Rumours have clearly been in the air as Lennox Kardashian caught the first plane back to London and was straight back with her One Direction pals, Niall nowhere to be seen. It seems that after the recent news has come to light there are paparazzi and fans everywhere trying to figure out Horan and Kardashian’s locations, and many have taken to Twitter to rant their feelings about Lennox Kardashian, and many have expressed hate for the wife of Rob Kardashian.”

“Oh god.” I cry out, Zayn presses the button on the television, turning it off, and Harry puts an arm around my shoulder. “I can’t do this again. The hate, the rumours, the publicity. I can’t.”

“You have us.” Leon ties to console me. “You have all of us.”

“I had all of you last time and this time it’s hundreds times worse.”

“Ignore it.” Louis attempts, I scoff in return.

“Easier said than done. It’s horrible, the hate, people hating you, I’m not perfect, I’ll never be perfect, yet there’s just constant displays of abuse towards me. It’s bullshit.” I sigh. “I can’t just ignore it. I’ll never be able to escape it unless I stay indoors constantly.”

“Then do that.” Dani suggests.

“It didn’t work after the break up; it’s not going to this time either.” I tell her cooly, “I’ll just have to... ignore everything. Delete my twitter, don’t read newspapers.”

“We’ll explain to them all, you’ll see. Everything might be better this time.” Niall strokes my knuckles and I want to believe him, but I know it won’t happen, it just won’t, there will be more hate than before, there will be more stories than before, more rumours. Everything will be twice as bad.

“I can’t do it.” I shake my head, tears beginning to fall down my face, “People following me around for a story, wanting to know things that they have no business to know... I can’t.”

“Guys...” Niall says, Louis moves from the couch, and arms are wrapped around my torso, Niall pulling me into his chest, rocking me back and forth like a child.

“I’m not a child.” I tell him when Niall begins humming, he only chuckles in response. “What are we going to do?” I ask him, resting my head on his lap, “we can’t stay in Zayn’s flat forever.” I look upwards at his face, biting his lip in thought, a habit I bet he’s never even noticed before.

“We could.” He suggests, but shakes his head. “How about we sneak out?”

“And how are we going to do that?” I question, Niall pushes me upwards, getting up from his place on the sofa and grabs my hand, pulling me towards a pile of shoes, pulling his own on. He grabs a coat, handing it to me and pulls his own on, and then grabs two beanies, placing one on my head, and then one on his own.

“We act natural and no one will give us a second glance.” He shrugs, taking the coat from my hands and helping me get it on, zipping it up for me and placing a kiss on my nose when it’s all zipped up. He grabs my hand, grabbing his phone and opening the door, ready to sneak past the paparazzi to get away from them. He taps on his phone with one hand as we walk down the stairs, and when we reach the bottom, Liam, Dani, Zayn, Harry, Louis and Leon are all down there, looking outside at the photographers, who were all waiting for us.