Chapter Fifty-Eight: Rumours

“It’s always been you.” I tell Niall, sitting cross-legged on the couch, facing each other, only our hands touching, the fingers interlocked between us.

“So...are we together again?” He asks quietly, squeezing my fingers.

“Do you want us to be together again?” I ask.

“Do you want us to be together again?” He asks, mocking me, I roll my eyes.

“Excuse me, you answer the question. I sang freaking Adele for you while you were in the shower, so I think my answer is pretty obvious.” Niall laughs, throwing his head back in his laughter, I loved this, I missed this, now I only realised just how much. I missed being able to joke around with Niall, I miss watching his smile and laugh, holding my hand.

“Ask me.” His head shoots down, his face now serious, a trick I have never seemed to master, once I’m laughing, the smile stays there permanently.

“Niall James Horan.” I say, moving closer towards him, our knees touching. “Baron Horan of Mullingar.”

“Yes?” His face is tilted upwards, so I grab his chin and force his head down to look at me.

“Will you please do me the greatest honour of being my boyfriend again?”

“Yes.” He whispers, kissing my lips quickly, and then moving away, I groan out of disappointment and pull his lips back to mine, wrapping my arms around his neck. “I love you.” He mumbles on my lips. “This is what is right, what is perfect, me and you, kissing, cuddling, being together. It’s what’s meant to be.”

“I know.” I whisper back. “Now, let’s tell everyone.” I try to get up, but Niall’s quicker and grabs my wrist, pulling me back down to him, landing on his lap.

“We could wait a few hours.” He suggests, wiggling his eyebrows at me, and this time, it is I who throws her head back laughing.

“But I want them to know.” I moan, “I want everyone to know now that I love you, that we’re together.”

“When you say everyone-?” He stops, it coming out as a question and I shrug.

“Not... the whole world.” I tell him. “But... friends, people we can trust. I want them to know.”

“And how do we tell the rest of the world?” He asks me seriously.

“Maybe... we just date secretly, and if... if the world finds out, we don’t deny it. It probably won’t happen for months anyway.” I blow it off, pecking his lips and then grabbing his phone that lays on the sofa beside him. I unlock it, surprised that the world-famous boy hasn’t put a lock on his phone in case a fan gets it, and go to his contacts, scrolling down unfamiliar names until I see a name I recognise.

“Hi Niall, what can I do for you?” Eleanor asks when she answers, clearly having no idea what had been happening between the two of us.

“Hi El.”

“Oh Lennox, I could’ve sworn I saw Niall’s name... anyway, how was the honeymoon?”

“The after-honeymoon was better.” I tell her, winking at Niall.

“Ew, I don’t want to hear about your sexcapades with Rob Kardashian, Lennox.” She then giggles. “Sorry, I just... I said that really loudly in the library and everyone gave me strange looks.”

“Well, what would you say if I told you I was in London?” I ask her.

“I would think, why are you in London, Mrs Kardashian?”