Chapter Forty-Three: The BRITs

“Well it’s now time for British Breakthrough Act.” I shut my eyes again, holding onto Rob’s hand tightly.

I’d won one award, I don’t need another, I thought it was impossible to win just one.

“LENNOX!” I scream at the sound of my name, this time, instead of running towards Rob, Tessa has ran towards me and thrown her arms around me, tears welling up in my eyes at the pride of my manager. The cameras watch us as Rob also pulls me into a hug afterwards. And for the second time that night, I make my way onto that blessed stage.

“Um.” I gulp, wiping my tears away. “Wow. Just wow. I feel so... blessed right now. But I guess I can thank a few more people, thank you to Simon Cowell, my manager Tessa, and to everyone who works with us and you’re all like my family. To the beautiful Eleanor Calder, who just makes my life feel brighter when she’s around. My Leon, you beauty. Thanks to Perrie, Leigh-Anne, Jade and Jesy, who made my first tour unforgettable, I love you guys. Thank you to Liam Payne, who I trust with everything and I just want to thank you for being an out of this world friend.” There are cheers, “Thank you to Rob, the sexiest date I’ve ever had, you’ve made this evening amazing. And, thank you again BRIT awards for this... amazing award yet again!” I stop, “Oh and thank you to Ke$ha who has really helped me with my new song that I will be singing tonight. You are just truly amazing.” I add, and there’s some laughter.

I can do this, I just need to chill. I have another quick interview and then I’m told it’s my time to perform. And now I have to tell myself I can do this, because I can, I’ll do amazing, everyone will know what a pig Niall is, and everything will be perfect again.

I change out of my award dress, into a shorter white dress, my hair still straightened and walk across the stage, everyone cheering my name. After everyone speculating if I was going to sign a break-up song about Niall, here it was.

“Hi, this is a song that I’ve written about someone, who has recently left my life, it’s called Thinking of You.” People begin laughing again, and I position the microphone closer to my mouth. Maybe Niall would think twice about crossing me again, turning friends against me, making me out to look like I hurt him, when he hurt me a lot more.

 “Just a warning,” I say before the music begins, looking towards the camera, “This is a bit different to the old album... and it’s got swears.” I kiss my hand and blow it at the camera. And signal to the drums, to begin, and as they begin playing, I know that the hate will finally be gone after this song is sung. This song is the truth, it’s the message. That Niall and I are are most certainly never going to get back together. He’s not gonna know what hit him.

*Niall’s POV*

“It’s called Thinking Of You.” A hopeful smile makes it way onto my face, maybe... just maybe it wasn’t a hateful song, maybe she was actually thinking of me, she wanted to talk, hear my story, and hopefully, let us think about us again.

 Can I hit you later?

'Cause it’s my jam.

Rollin’ in my beat up,
Gold Trans Am.

She crosses the stage and I’m frowning already, the song sounded different, passionate, and her face was clearly in the zone, but the song? It didn’t look good for me.

Sorry, I can’t hear you,
And I got plans.
You won’t get me naked,
You had your chance.

Zayn puts a hand on my shoulder, and Liam places one on my arm, probably to calm me, thinking she was doing this all for no reason. But it was going to come out, the truth was going to come out.